IGNORED

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest - Complete Game

Trebor

• 1 month later...

The way things are going they'll be worth 1:1BC in about 3 years. At least that's what it feels like. Cheapest I can find them is $20 a piece with no breaks.

http://www.atari2600.com/ccp7/ecom-prodshow/Ballblazer-PROD1820.html

$7.95

I bought one sealed in 2014. Took about a month to deliver but it got here, They still have 17 left afaik.

$7.95

I bought one sealed in 2014. Took about a month to deliver but it got here, They still have 17 left afaik.

If you plan on ordering from him do it on ebay not his website. The business on the site has gone to shit over the last few years. I hear his ebay store is still well maintained but I have not personally bought from him on ebay. I've only bought from the website years and years ago when it was still a top notch place to deal with. It hurts me to admit the website has gone down hill as much as it has but it's the truth.

$7.95

7.95? Ooh that sounds nice.

If you plan on ordering from him do it on ebay not his website. The business on the site has gone to shit over the last few years. I hear his ebay store is still well maintained but I have not personally bought from him on ebay. I've only bought from the website years and years ago when it was still a top notch place to deal with. It hurts me to admit the website has gone down hill as much as it has but it's the truth.

what is his ebay store? I'm definitely going to get couple ballblazer carts.

• 2 years later...

This is my first post here, so allow me to bring this threat back from the dead. Sort of.
I recently got my 7800, and I am super interested in reproductions and hombrew stuff, so I came across this game online.
As I love platformers (and on the 7800 I only know Scrapyard Dog) I was super glad this one was made.

OK, so the reason why I write in this threat is that I am an illustrator and I do cover art in my free time.
Now I DON'T want to discourage or anger the artist of the games cover, however let's say it could be better and closer to Bentley's OG design.
So I drew this one up last week, as I wanted to know if there is interest if perhaps the Store would like to do an updated run of the Game with this newly designed cover. Of course, I am only asking I am not demanding anything, but just throwing it out here.
This post has long enough so what do you fellas think ?

Cheers'

COVER.png

• Like 11

Wow, that looks awesome!  Great Job!

Maybe if I did sort of a 'Part II' to this game with new levels...

(Kind of like the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. II, which were basically newer, harder, levels of Super Mario Bros.)

hmmm.......  level design contest...  Just a thought...

BTW, I think it might look better if your background took up the whole area (i.e. no light blue background under the title)

Nice Job - what do you guys think about this idea of a 'Part II', using this background as the cover?

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

Wow, that looks awesome!  Great Job!

Maybe if I did sort of a 'Part II' to this game with new levels...

(Kind of like the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. II, which were basically newer, harder, levels of Super Mario Bros.)

hmmm.......  level design contest...  Just a thought...

BTW, I think it might look better if your background took up the whole area (i.e. no light blue background under the title)

Nice Job - what do you guys think about this idea of a 'Part II', using this background as the cover?

Well since I've still yet to finish the first boss at the end of the first level and and have only managed to see the second level via the warp... It would be sometime before I'm likely to purchase an even more difficult version of the game! LOL!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well since I've still yet to finish the first boss at the end of the first level and and have only managed to see the second level via the warp... It would be sometime before I'm likely to purchase an even more difficult version of the game! LOL!

I always run out of energy.... without the gem powerup it seems impossible. 

How about a teddy bear level on pt. 2.?

It's definitely challenging, but I never found the game to be too hard; especially with the endless continues provided.

Regardless, perhaps a level select feature, or/and a game option (I.E. Beginner/Pro toggle) that halves all enemy speed, if a Part II were to be developed.