IGNORED

CPUWIZ would be proud (...I hope) :)

PacManPlus

Thanks guys! :)

@stardust4ever: Yep, tested both sides. :D You have to do a lot of surgery inside the case to get the 7800 boards to fit, but I like it! I did three of them... not sure what to put in the other two).

Bob

Nothing like a good Dremel job and some hot glue can't fix. LOL! :lol:

That would be a lot of work, you can not fit 2 VersaBoard's into a XONOX shell. You could probably fit a MegaBoard and a VersaBoard and a shitload of wires. Anyone making more than one is insane. Fitting 7800 boards into XONOX shells by itself is a ton of work.

That would be a lot of work, you can not fit 2 VersaBoard's into a XONOX shell. You could probably fit a MegaBoard and a VersaBoard and a shitload of wires. Anyone making more than one is insane. Fitting 7800 boards into XONOX shells by itself is a ton of work.

I just measured a Xonox against two standard Atari shells. There is about 1.5 inches of overlap so it would be a problem for any PCBs that occupy the entire shell.

For the record, I don't know what the PCB inside looks like. All the PMP 7800 AA homebrews and CPUWIZ repros look the same to me on the outside. Inside is a game full of retro goodness.

Any plans to sell your spares PMP? I'd love to own one.

Thanks, guys :)

It's funny, I already thought about Pac 320 / Ms. Pac 320, but as CPU said, both boards won't fit. I also thought about Crystal Quest; Pokey version on one side, TIA on the other. But then I realized, once you have the Pokey version there's no need to play the TIA version :dunce:

Regarding selling it, I had to take two of my own regular carts apart for this, so I most likely won't be selling it... It was just to show that it can be done with *standard* 7800 boards from CPUWIZ, after a bit of work. I name-dropped him because I know he's made a few 2600 double-enders in the past. :D

Thanks again,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

... You should feel extremely proud to keep the 7800 scene going for years sometimes as a one man show. :)

For me and thanks to the awesome home-brew scene of all involved, the 7800 is the best console for retro and home arcade gaming, hands down! :)

Then there's the multitude of hardware stuff available (and coming) too. More joystick/pad adapters and mods than you can shake a stick at! High score cartridge, Concerto, AtariVox support, Pokey this and XM that. :love: