IGNORED

Secretum Labyrinth The Legend Cartridge about to be released.

peteym5

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which label you like the most?

• White Label
    • Silver Label (Atari early 80s style)
    • Yellow Label (Tengen style)
    • Blue Label (Atari XEGS style)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

At this time we at Atari Sales are proud to announce that "Secretum Labyrinth The Legend" cartridge about to be released. This is a Role Playing/Adventure style game that many felt was lacking on the Atari 8-bit. We at this time had made up 4 different labels and are presenting them to the Atari community to help us decide which label style they like the most. To give this game a retro Atari feel, I made up several Atari 80s era labels. A Youtube video with commentary is being prepare and will be posted in the near future.

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 1

Looks like Silver Label has taken an early lead in the polls. I might need to enlarge some of the texts considering these go onto a label around two inches wide.

I remember some people complaining about the Venture label that KJMANN designed and printed himself. Stating it did not look professional or the ink rubbed off. Problem with using glossy labels is that the ink rubbed off just by handling them, so it may be better to use plain white where ink soaks into the paper. I wanted some community involvement with this game, so I made 4 different ones and take a poll.

A announcement about the games release date will be made within the next few weeks.

• Like 1

I remember some people complaining about the Venture label that KJMANN designed and printed himself. Stating it did not look professional or the ink rubbed off. Problem with using glossy labels is that the ink rubbed off just by handling them, so it may be better to use plain white where ink soaks into the paper. I wanted some community involvement with this game, so I made 4 different ones and take a poll.

Look for the Avery Weatherproof labels. They require a laser printer instead of inkjet, but they will not smear or rub off.

I deal with WWW.SHEETLABELS.COM, better pricing and more sizes available for the different cartridge types. I looked at Avery before, I could not find the 2x2 labels that fit inside that little indent on the Atari Brown Shell cartridge.

Edited by peteym5

I updated the labels with larger texts along the sides. If you are wondering about the lighten borders on the blue and silver labels, that is because there is a gap between the labels on the sheets and helps line everything up. The final labels will be a solid color.

Edited by peteym5

I am having someone doing some additional updates with the Silver and Yellow labels, making the "V61" slightly smaller so it does not over shadow the title. Choosing the label design is like the final stage of making this game and we will have one selected in a few days.

Edited by peteym5

Not seen or heard about this game before, any details on it??

Secretum Labyrinth is a planned series of Quest (Role Playing) Adventure Games for the Atari 8-bit. Similar to Legend of Zelda on the N.E.S. but different. We will be starting with 2 games, one on cartridge, another will be posted when the cartridge has been released. Because the nature of these being Quest Adventure Games, certain details cannot be disclosed. A Youtube video with commentary is being prepared. You have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Here are the updated images. I deleted the older images to avoid confusion. The V61 logo is smaller on the Yellow and Silver labels as people suggested. The Watermarks will not appear on the cartridge label.

Pete,

I think the general concensus is the Silver label is one of the better ones, but with the large V61 not on the top. Apply the Blue/White style with a Silver background.

The game itself looks interesting from the tiny, watermarked (!) screenshots, but I have to respectfully agree with the others on here that the label artwork is extremely poor looking. I almost think you'd be better off with a text label and let the game screenshots sell themselves.

• Like 1

We are working on replacing the middle image for the label art with something a little better quality. I have the original background image minus that cartoon character in the front. Looks like the silver label is still leading. I did shrink down the "V61" logo slightly, but getting reports it is still too large. Everyone should keep in mind the Atari 8-bit computer cartridges are around 2.5 inches wide, label is slightly smaller. So anyone will only get about 5 words of text per line at the most before shrinking to the point of becoming unreadable.

Edited by peteym5

We are working on replacing the middle image for the label art with something a little better quality. I have the original background image minus that cartoon character in the front. Looks like the silver label is still leading. I did shrink down the "V61" logo slightly, but getting reports it is still too large. Everyone should keep in mind the Atari 8-bit computer cartridges are around 2.5 inches wide, label is slightly smaller. So anyone will only get about 5 words of text per line at the most before shrinking to the point of becoming unreadable.

Pete,

The V61 on the side of the label is fine - I think most people are commenting on the V61 on top of the label which is shown on the Silver one. Remove the V61 from the top of the label, its not necessary as you have V61 on the side of the label. Put the cartidge name in the bigger font like all the other labels and I think you have a winner.

You dont need to shrink the V61 on the side of the label - just remove it from the top.