IGNORED

3D Printing Needs

Toucan

I just finished printing another example upright and it is much smoother than the initial one. Therefore, this seems to be the best position to print it out on. John got his example on Saturday and I'm just awaiting his response to see if it fits his NanoPEB. If so, then we are ready to go! :) Next project would be trying to convince him to make the CF7+ case :)

I'll post pictures of this one tomorrow. I have to let it sit in the dissolvable bath to dissolve the support material.

Edited by Toucan
  • Like 2

I knocked this out pretty quickly. Still need to get the exact dimensions and tweak the model, but the overall shape shouldn't change all that much, unless a snap type feature was used to join the halves (instead of screws). I'm not sure how easy the on/off switch would be to get to, or how visible the LED's would be.

Gotta love Creo. Even though it can be a headache at times.

Check this out. Christmas ornament perhaps?

WP_20141221_11_35_45_Pro_preview_feature

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613894

That's really neat. The quality on these machines I have should exceed what you see in that picture on that site. It would all be done in white if I used the good printers ($25,000 printers) and then you could just paint the two parts silver and black. Since I have no black or silver for the high end machines this is the best way. Probably just dip the plastic in a cup of silver and black paint or use one of those paint markers since it's small. I could also enlarge it to any size you would want as well if it's too small. Might make a nice Christmas ornament as I could add a little loop to the top!

That's what I did with mine- I used a white glue so that I can take the string off later.

And put me down for one black enclosure. Thanks!

post-28857-0-81895300-1450317580_thumb.jpg

Edited by 99er

Check this out. Christmas ornament perhaps?

WP_20141221_11_35_45_Pro_preview_feature

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613894

That's really neat. The quality on these machines I have should exceed what you see in that picture on that site. It would all be done in white if I used the good printers ($25,000 printers) and then you could just paint the two parts silver and black. Since I have no black or silver for the high end machines this is the best way. Probably just dip the plastic in a cup of silver and black paint or use one of those paint markers since it's small. I could also enlarge it to any size you would want as well if it's too small. Might make a nice Christmas ornament as I could add a little loop to the top!

That's what I did with mine- I used a little white glue so that I can take the string off later.

And put me down for one black enclosure.

Thanks!

Rich