IGNORED

3D Printing Needs

Toucan

I have a NEW 3D printing need...

I need a couple of TI cartridge holders. Each one cannot be more than 6" tall, but should hold 6 cartridges. I figure with material on the sides they would probably be about 4.5" wide. Black in color would be the best color. I imagine a few people here could use something like this too, especially with all the cool new cartridges that have been coming out lately.

Who would have ever figured we'd someday come full-circle and be back to cartridges.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have STL files for cartridge cases. The folks at the Faire saw what the results look like when done on printers at Shapeways. I might want a bunch of these, Toucan--especially as this is a much better price-point than Shapeways offered me! :)

Would you mind letting me have the STL files for this? I have a 3D printer that I would love to make some personal stuff with. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The guy who designed the cases has not been seen on AtariAge since Christmas. Now sure if he's coming back or not. The case need a few tweaks here and there, so unless there is someone else in the community that knows how to edit .stl files, this project looks dead in the water. I did send a sample to 2 people, including Omega here, and he had some design changes. He might show off the case at Fest West if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

The guy who designed the cases has not been seen on AtariAge since Christmas. Now sure if he's coming back or not. The case need a few tweaks here and there, so unless there is someone else in the community that knows how to edit .stl files, this project looks dead in the water. I did send a sample to 2 people, including Omega here, and he had some design changes. He might show off the case at Fest West if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

Jon Guidry may be that guy

• Like 1

Usually, STL is an output. Typically, you have source files with all the layers, etc, that something like Inventor can use. I would really suggest finding out what the designer used to see if we can get his or her source files for the model.

Note I'm referring to the Nano PEB files. The cart files I do have full source for and so does Ksarul. They are Inventor 2014/2015 models.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I'd like to 3D print some stuff for my TI-99/4a .

Do we have a central place where we keep STL files, gcode or similar that allow us to 3D print these models ourselves?

Did a search in the forum but with suboptimal results.

Perhaps it makes sense to put STL files of TI-99/4a related 3d prints on github? At least for those that are open source projects.

In particular I'm looking for cartridge case designs, speech synth, nanopeb, etc.

9 hours ago, retroclouds said:

I'd like to 3D print some stuff for my TI-99/4a .

Do we have a central place where we keep STL files, gcode or similar that allow us to 3D print these models ourselves?

Did a search in the forum but with suboptimal results.

Perhaps it makes sense to put STL files of TI-99/4a related 3d prints on github? At least for those that are open source projects.

In particular I'm looking for cartridge case designs, speech synth, nanopeb, etc.

IIRC, somewhere around here is a thread which people had been posting 3D files and links to them at Thingiverse and wherever.

EDIT: Apparently not.

I think that curation effort was destroyed as part of a tantrum. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=ti-99&page=1&type=things&sort=relevant

https://www.yeggi.com/q/ti99/

and some miscellaneous work, not really off-the-shelf-ready... the best thing in there is the PEB card shell template, I've used it (with adjustments) on my TIPIPeb, and my 2016SAMS - https://github.com/jedimatt42/99prints

recent stuff for inside the PEB PSU https://forums.atariage.com/topic/349268-atx-power-supply-for-peb-seeking-more-detailed-information-on-replacing-the-original-ps/?do=findComment&comment=5231726

I would just encourage folks to tag things on your favorite sharing website with 'ti99' when you share.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I need to fire up the resin printer I bought four years ago.  I hate the way extruded prints look.  Anyway, I did find a lot here by searching for STL.  Maybe once I get my printer on-line I can invest some time organizing what I find.

• Like 2