IGNORED

Video Games For Christmas This Year?

Shawn

Video Games On The Christmas List This Year?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Asking For Video Games This Xmas?

2. 2. Will You Be Giving Video Games As Gifts This Year?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This year I have nothing that I can think of that I want for Christmas that is video game related, but I know I will be giving them. Atariage Secret Santa of course and for a few friends of mine. Anyways if any of you do have an Incredible Hulk sealed, boxed Air Raid, and a like new Ataaaaaweee with a brand new Pac-Man I'll gladly accept them. :P

I'd be surprised if I didn't get games for Christmas- most people default to it. Apparently I'm "hard to shop for"... a thought that confuses me greatly, since I have a fairly good sized amazon wish list. Why people don't just use it is beyond me!

I actually give fairly few games as gifts. The people I know who play don't keep wish lists or collection lists, and don't really hold off on buying titles they want. It makes it hard to know what they don't already have, but still want to play. Three of them just re-caught the pokemon bug though, so there's some new 3DSes to feed this year!

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if I didn't get games for Christmas- most people default to it. Apparently I'm "hard to shop for"...

Ya, I get the same thing about being hard to shop for. I think it's mostly cause I don't ask for anything and things I do want I buy for myself. My sister was asking me what I wanted for xmas this year so I told her Far Cry 4 as it's on sale for $20 now. Cheap for her and a game I was on the fence about anyhow. Win, Win.

I'd be surprised if I didn't get games for Christmas- most people default to it. Apparently I'm "hard to shop for"... a thought that confuses me greatly, since I have a fairly good sized amazon wish list. Why people don't just use it is beyond me!

I actually give fairly few games as gifts. The people I know who play don't keep wish lists or collection lists, and don't really hold off on buying titles they want. It makes it hard to know what they don't already have, but still want to play. Three of them just re-caught the pokemon bug though, so there's some new 3DSes to feed this year!

I've had people tell me this too! I'm like, "I like tea and candles. $5 at the grocery store and you're done" but I guess they are afraid they will buy scents/flavors I don't like?

I don't really have a wish list anymore for expensive stuff. Really the only things I want are things I can't afford (and I certainly wouldn't want someone giving them to me as a gift!) My mom used to get me a stack of games every year and the end result was I'd have a stack of stuff I'd never bothered to play. I finally told her to stop buying me games.

I do gift games. Usually older/inexpensive stuff that I want friends to try. Whenever I get ahold of some oddball game that I know my friends (who have mostly mainstream tastes) probably haven't heard of, let alone play, I try to spread it around. One year I bought Ace Attorney for like three different people. They all liked it :D

I've had people tell me this too! I'm like, "I like tea and candles. $5 at the grocery store and you're done" but I guess they are afraid they will buy scents/flavors I don't like?

I don't really have a wish list anymore for expensive stuff. Really the only things I want are things I can't afford (and I certainly wouldn't want someone giving them to me as a gift!) My mom used to get me a stack of games every year and the end result was I'd have a stack of stuff I'd never bothered to play. I finally told her to stop buying me games.

I do gift games. Usually older/inexpensive stuff that I want friends to try. Whenever I get ahold of some oddball game that I know my friends (who have mostly mainstream tastes) probably haven't heard of, let alone play, I try to spread it around. One year I bought Ace Attorney for like three different people. They all liked it :D

I asked mom about this the other day- she doesn't like using the wish list because some things on it have been there for a couple years now, so she's afraid I don't want them anymore. Despite the fact that I'd told her/others multiple times that I check the list every October before my self-imposed personal shopping limits kick in to make sure the list is accurate and features a variety of prices. In fact, some of that older stuff is the best to get because I've obviously forgotten it was there. "But if you forgot it, then you don't want it, right?" *sigh*

I tend to worry more if people I know go shopping 'off list'- I've had people in the past spend extra money on stuff I wouldn't have asked for. You say 'thank you' and smile because you don't want to be rude, but you feel guilty because now they've bought a $20-30 yellow shirt you won't wear (which you'd think they'd realize since you've never, ever worn yellow), when a $3 Atari game from your wish list would have been more than sufficient. Now that I think about it, it's almost always a shirt or robe or such that produces that... maybe I need to tell people to quit buying me clothes!

I don't often get to gift 'try me!' games, most people I know don't like my favorite titles nearly as much as I do. I did get a chance a few years back, when it occurred to be I had one friend who plays a lot of stuff I like that I hadn't bought for yet. I went through my collection and found the perfect title. That was a fun year: friend opens game, looks at me confused... "what is this?" "It's Klonoa 2! Just trust me, it's one of my favorites!" "O-kay..." A few hours later I get a text- "This game is amazing!" Then we traded wah-hoos for awhile. My plan went perfectly- mwahaha!

• Like 1

My votes would be "No" for asking and "Maybe" for giving. With the release of Rock Band 4 I finally broke down and bought an XBone, but even then there is only one other game I'm thinking about, Rocksmith 2014, and I'd happy enough to buy that for myself. As for giving games, that depends on how this year's Secret Santa works out.

Yes, I will be giving video games for Christmas. My son-in-law just got a PS4 so I'll be going that route, however I'm working on turning my grandson into another Atari enthusist. So far he likes 7800 Centipede and Bob's Space Invaders (right now with the bombs off)...hey, he's only four, but loves Atari so far. I'm waiting for him to get a little older and capable of playing Bentley Bear. Can't wait!

Yes, I'll be asking for video games - hopefully gift certs from here ;)

J.

I asked my mom for a couple stocking stuffers. A 1TB harddrive for my PS2, and Castle Crisis for XEGS and Wolfenstein VCS from the AA store.

I also plan on buying a Jaguar game for a friend of mine and fellow retro gamer that I got into Jag.

Castle crisis is fantastic!! It is the number one vintage game we play at my house when we have guest. 4 players is a must.

Bought my game earlier today. Not allowed to play it till Christmas Day. Star Wars Battlefront on the Xbone. I was never going to pay £40 for it but £22 sounded better. Had some Tesco Clubcard vouchers. Could have had it for as little as £16 if I'd used up all the vouchers I had.

Last year we got our 18 year old a Sony iPhone speaker dock. Was £80 - reduced in Tesco to £50. After using our vouchers, just £4. :-D

So this year it was my turn.