IGNORED

Scramble - 2600

johnnywc

Wow I'm sitting at the beach with an iPhone and just had to chime in what a crazy awesome video. I actually wanted more! :lol:

Wow. That's quite the compliment. "Scramble for the 2600: Better than a day at the beach!" :-D

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the packaging and video. Scramble has always been a personal favorite of mine and it was great being a part of the team that brought this together. John did an amazing job porting this over to the 2600 with this level of detail and faithfully preserving all the arcade action. Nathan did a killer job on the game graphics and working within the 2600's limits and still creating graphics that are unmistakably Scramble with zero loss of character. Everything about this port is top notch right down to the sound effects and intro music. Looking forward to the official release and finally playing this on real hardware!

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. That's quite the compliment. "Scramble for the 2600: Better than a day at the beach!" :-D

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the packaging and video. Scramble has always been a personal favorite of mine and it was great being a part of the team that brought this together. John did an amazing job porting this over to the 2600 with this level of detail and faithfully preserving all the arcade action. Nathan did a killer job on the game graphics and working within the 2600's limits and still creating graphics that are unmistakably Scramble with zero loss of character. Everything about this port is top notch right down to the sound effects and intro music. Looking forward to the official release and finally playing this on real hardware!

"And I helped!"

Well, barely.

Champ wanted a victory tune (that is not in the Arcade game) when you end the level, before it restarts at the beginning with increased difficulty, so I did one.

And when I mentioned the stars (Draconian has stars), everyone initially thought it was using and reusing the missiles and ball so much, but Champ saw his kernel was already set up to place a star or two on any line! And if they flickered, well stars "twinkle" right? He made an original star pattern. I always thought the Arcade game looked like it had the Orion constellation, so I made a constellation pattern that appears later in the game.

First person to name the constellations wins a new car!

That last sentence is a joke.

• Like 3

Don't you hate people with huge monitors? :D

That's a mighty-tall monitor..

It's a WYSIWYG preview of the upcoming store page.

I will be super excited to get this.

First person to name the constellations wins a new car!

That last sentence is a joke.

Needs to reload this on my Harmony and figure it out. I know a handful of constellations, certainly not all of them by any means, Orion, Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and also the Eurion (which is not a "star" constellation btw)... :grin:

Playing Scramble with a 2600 stick, I was impressed, but I thought it more of a technical marvel than a playable game. With the Genesis pad, it amazed me on both fronts. Man, is this a good game.

I had this same reaction to Stay Frosty 2. Great game but almost impossible with standard stick. Completely different story with game pad.

• Like 2