IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders Proto ...

JustJeff2

I have the listing on ebay. There is a fairly recent thread in the prototype forum for a Pepsi invaders/coke wins proto that is very similar to mine. They look identical the only difference I could see is the stickers over mine say Pepsi and the other guys says coke. He even mentions his has the same play time difference from the released version, 3:00 vs 2:30.

I acquired this game back in the late 90's or early 2000's. I've had a couple of messages on ebay questioning it's authenticity because they feel the eprom stickers are to clean or look to new. All I can say is I have not modified or changed anything since acquiring this proto. The game has been in climate controlled storage, eprom board in its case the entire time. The stickers are not as "clean" as the photo makes them out to be, in fact the front sticker is entirely smudged but in the photo appears mostly white. I'll try to take a few more pics tomorrow and post them here.

Richard

Hello boomtownpizza,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following action:

- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.

- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Due to copyright concerns, listings for unauthorized copies of items such as movies, music, software, photographs and books aren't allowed on eBay.

You may sell products on recordable media (such as VHS tapes, audio tapes, CD-Rs, and DVD-Rs) if you are the copyright owner or are authorized by the owner to sell the product. This information must be clearly documented in your listing.

For more information, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/copyrights.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=3049&=PTB1210

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

Here are the listings that were removed:

252168356678 - Atari 2600 Coke Wins / Pepsi Invaders Prototype extremely rare.

252169824677 - Atari 2600 River Patrol -- Prototype ULTRA RARE!

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

MESSAGE I RECEIVED FROM EBAY.

Really pissed right now, ebay removed the auction with less than 30 minutes to go saying it violated copyrights. This rare item is for sale, if anyone's interested please message me.

Richard

Wow that blows... :sad: I wondered what happened as I was watching it, got the "ending soon" email but never got the final "got away" notification. Glad to see you sold it after the fact.

eBay is so stupid. Ban legit protos and genuine homebrews but let repros and fakes slip by all day long. :mad:

I won't be listing anymore protos on ebay for sure. I have 3 more protos and a review copy game that i'll be listing here on atariage. I do want to thank Cpuwiz and Tempest for taking the time to look over what I have and giving me their more expert opinions. A big thank you to Albert for providing the venue to sell these games.

Richard

• Like 2

Wow. And as stated above, the crooks run a muck all day long but the legit guy has to suffer? BULLSHIT! :x

Some dick reported the auctions, no doubt. There are some people reading these forums, that really need a swift kick in the nuts.

• Like 2

Some dick reported the auctions, no doubt. There are some people reading these forums, that really need a swift kick in the nuts.

That is the reason I don't promote any of my homebrew, proto or repro games I have at auctions on AtariAge anymore as I found out over

time that there is a collation between advertising them here and getting them pulled vs not advertising them here. It was a sad thing to find

out but alas that is just the way it is. :sad:

Wow. And as stated above, the crooks run a muck all day long but the legit guy has to suffer? BULLSHIT! :x

Like the scumbag who sold the $700 Red Sea Crossing repro...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245375-atari-2600-red-sea-crossing-real-or-fake/

Looks like the OP will be getting his money back but has to fork over $70 to return that turd. Fact is, the eBay moderators have no expertise on what counts as counterfeit or legit auctions. And it is clear based on the Air Raid thread, that people can flag auctions until the cows come home and eBay simply doesn't listen. :mad: