IGNORED

The Video Game Homebrew Crash of 2016

Andrew Davie

Does bB have keypad support?

SeaGtGruff posted a demo using keypads many years ago. As far as I know no one ever made a game utilizing that code. Based on it's age, I'm also not sure if it would work with the newest version of bB.

Edit: It's also an old post, but CurtisP posted an update to SeaGtGruff's code in that thread as well.

• Like 2

Cool Idea. Love the colors... :lust:

Might as well throw my own personal "do nothing" ROM up as well. Stick this in a fake Air Raid or something... :D :evil:

post-33189-0-41192600-1383802644.png

attachicon.gifTrollface v0.02.bin

Original thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218359-troll-face-my-first-atari-2600-rom/?p=2861882

Dude that is so much better than Trollface v0.01. Good job!

• Like 2

I remember that it won the label contest by miles. There was absolutely no discussion. And afterwards Jordi invested a lot of time (and talent!) into further polishing what was already great.

IMO the best packaging for the 2600 ever. But I am not 100% objective here. :)

I _really_ like the art!

post-29575-0-95598100-1447807566_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It would be better if these rocks games had different colors to reflect your mood. If I felt sad I could plug in my blue rock cartridge and stare at if for a while. Likewise I could plug in my yellow rock cartridge when I feel happy.

Also, just throwing this out there, I would like a hack of one of these rock games that competed against the player in a blinking contest.

• Like 1

LOL, no, but I'm glad to ship anyone a poster in a tube if they want to pay for the tube and shipping. I'll even include a free Space Rocks poster, and that one is larger (18" x 24") and is also beautiful.

..Al

The Space Rocks poster is really nice, but the Star Castle poster is beautiful, even with the fold lines.

It would be better if these rocks games had different colors to reflect your mood. If I felt sad I could plug in my blue rock cartridge and stare at if for a while. Likewise I could plug in my yellow rock cartridge when I feel happy.

What you want is my 4th quarter 2016 release of Mood Ring 2600.

Just press the joystick in whichever direction you feel like and the ring (SQuare) will indicate your mood.

It is still in the early stages.

Edited by SIO2

LOL, no, but I'm glad to ship anyone a poster in a tube if they want to pay for the tube and shipping. I'll even include a free Space Rocks poster, and that one is larger (18" x 24") and is also beautiful.

..Al

You can ship me a CIB of both games and both posters in a tube, but I am not going to pay. Well, maybe I'll pay for shipping.

I'll trade you for your Concerto. :P :D

Hmmm. Maybe I should actually work on the Slug Bug game idea I had a couple of years ago. All it is is random car sprites moving across the screen, and when a VW Beetle appears, you hit the person sitting next to you.

This.

That's the best idea I've heard for a game in a long time. I swear my youngest son always sees them first and slugs me first. We've been doing that for about as long as I can remember. :D

• Like 2

The slug bug idea has merit. It could even be one player. Just punch the joystick button when you see the beetle. A computer opponent could either be random or take into account your average response time.

A force feedback module would put it over the top. Like a boxing glove on a spring.

Ataribox?

Edited by SIO2

Can we go back to talking about how much bB is ruining everything? I really, really, really, really, really hate batari Basic. Also, people who use bB smell funny.

I've seriously contributed to throwing this thread off topic, so I'm sorry about that. But yeah, I guess I do smell funny. Dangit, RT, stop pointing out the obvious.

• Like 2

The slug bug idea has merit. It could even be one player. Just punch the joystick button when you see the beetle. A computer opponent could either be random or take into account your average response time.

A force feedback module would put it over the top. Like a boxing glove on a spring.

Ataribox?

Included with the deluxe limited edition release. Still crunching the numbers for a price, but I hope to keep it under $200

toy-p399%20(1).jpg

• Like 2