IGNORED

PAL Encore Firmware?

manic23

Can someone please help me with my new Harmony Encore? I just bought this device and it came flashed with the NTSC 1.06 firmware, I am from the UK so I want to put the latest PAL 1.06 firmware on it the problem is it does not seem to exist and I don’t understand where to get it from, assuming it even exists.

The addendum that comes with the Encore manual states…

“Also, we don’t recommend using BIOS versions older than 1.06.”

So what do I do? use 1.05? or wait till PAL 1.06 comes out? I have tried emailing Fred with this question but I am not getting any reply from him so any help this community may be able to offer will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Thomas said in the above post, the TV format of the firmware only affects the menu, not the games. If you're experiencing wrong colors in the games it means you are using NTSC roms. Just download the PAL versions. There are also a lot of PAL60 conversion here on AA (NTSC framerate with colors corrected for PAL 2600) for games which didn't exist in PAL format or which weren't speed corrected and played slower than the NTSC ones.

• 1 month later...