IGNORED

The Atari Xegs Cart by Cart Podcast.

David Alexander

18 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

Thank you very much!
If you have headphones on, make sure to tell everyone you're listening to a podcast so that when you get to the bloopers, at the end of the show, they know why you're erupting in laughter. We made those bloopers and I still laughed at them.

Well, my job is full of a bunch of weirdos with inappropriate humor, so I just sorta fit right in.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:44 AM, RJ said:

When you guys doing Crime Buster?

First off, sorry for the delays on the next show (episode 15). We recorded it months ago and I just haven't finished the editing but I did take some vacation time off to take care of things so it's on my todo list.
Now, to answer your question. I put both Crime Buster together with Barnyard Blaster @ episode 20. So, as you can see, it's out there BUT there is nothing that says we can't move those up the list for you if you're really looking forward to it. 

• Thanks 1

That would be fantastic thx! I sold my.800XL setup (to a member here) & never got a chance to play-- much less see-- Crime Buster. I have the gun for the 4 shooters on the 7800 & I've been catching up on your shows & just heard your Crossbow episode which prompted me to think.of Crime Buster 

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RJ said:

That would be fantastic thx! I sild mlm my.8p0XL setup (to a member here) & never got a chance to play-- much less see-- Crime Buster. I have the gun for the 4 shooters on the 7800

Cool. I'll make it episode 17 then. Episode 16 is Karateka & Lode Runner. I want to get that one out first since I read Jordan Mechner book about the making of Karateka and want to discuss it in the show before I forget too much of what I read.

Edited by Justin Payne
Better clarification

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 7:31 PM, TrekMD said:

I just finished listening to lucky episode 13!  I'll have to get you some feedback for the next one.  Don't like either the sound of wind or crickets where feedback should be!   LOL

Is this Eugenio? If so, we're sorry it took so long to get to your feedback. Episode 14 was just waaaaay too long and so we did get to it in Episode 15. Also, I hope we pronounced the name correctly, at least with our American accents. I was told if I used the land of origin, my pronunciation wasn't exactly correct. 

2 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

Is this Eugenio? If so, we're sorry it took so long to get to your feedback. Episode 14 was just waaaaay too long and so we did get to it in Episode 15. Also, I hope we pronounced the name correctly, at least with our American accents. I was told if I used the land of origin, my pronunciation wasn't exactly correct. 

Yep, this is Eugenio.  :)  No worries, guys.  As for pronouncing my name, it takes practice!  ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
We were motivated so we have the next episode out.

In Episode 16, we have a band of Brøderbund brothers. First, we put on our gi's with glee to storm the warlord Akuma's castle to save the beautiful princess Mariko in Karateka. Then it's time to dig into the puzzling platformer to find some gold with Lode Runner.

The next episode was fan requested so LIGHT GUN GAMES! 
Thanks for the support!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RJ Good question. I would suspect not all that difficult and could probably be made better, graphics wise. The question would be, is there enough interest in light gun games these days. I'm guessing a lot of people don't have CRT's anymore unless they are monitors so if one were to do it, it would just be done out of love and less for something to sell since I think you'd have a larger audience for a game that used the joystick. For these reviews I'll have to drag a CRT I have in the garage out for this upcoming review and David has to get his hands on a CRT, which he said he's trying to do. Fingers X'ed.
I've already started writing the script and have a fair bit down already so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for Episode 17.

Yeah I just realized I should've pushed for a 7800 Crime Buster game years-- even decades-- ago ☹☹

Im guessing folks around here would go for it...maybe put it in the AtariAge store. I'd definitely buy it! 

Arent these newer homebrews snapped up by collectors & fans anyway

Edited by RJ

• 3 months later...