IGNORED

Is there a prototype site for colecovision games?

Scooter83

I found one website a while back that is pretty good. (better then nothing anyways) I think it has 18 of the 20 known protos covered there. It shows screenshots, a little bit of info for only a few of them, and has the rom file for 17 of them.

What it's missing or lacking is the detailed text descriptions and write ups that we all know and love about atariprotos.com :)

However, a big part of that is because the history of the vast majority of the protos found for the Coleco Vision predates the "website based" collecting community Internet system. I'm talking the old rec.games newsgroups era of the mid to late 1990's. Sean Kelly would be the top resource and best chance of compiling that information and documenting that provenance.

Back then when I first got copies of those protos from him, I only cared about being able to get them so I could see and play them. I wasn't curious about who found them and/or where they came from. Now it matters more to me.

• Like 1

Shh! Don't tell anybody...!!!

:)

http://cvaddict.com/list.php?filter=2

I think The Fall Guy is the only dead link out of those 18. But I have that one and the others they're missing like Steamroller. There's not very many more really.

Tempest & I should put this all together on a website. Get all the history and details from Sean of when & where each one was found, etc. What do you say Matt?

:)

Edited by Supergun

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have enough trouble finding the time to keep my own site up to date.

I completely understand.

But Coleco Vision fans deserve it!

Luckily, I had some free time during this long Thanksgiving weekend!

It's not my best work, and I hope to improve it over time, but it's better then nothing.

Enjoy!

http://www.neogeoprotos.com/colecoprotos.htm

• Like 2