IGNORED

New Atari 7800 Magazine!

RetroGamer128

I dunno. Groovy Bee is a good guy and I wish he hadn't stopped making 7800 brew. Can't say I wouldn't have gotten frustrated and quit in his situation though. Hobbies are supposed to be fun but family and career and life in general should take precedence. Even legendary programmers like PMP need to take sabbaticals every now and then.

I'd love to hear more about those frustrations but perhaps not in a public thread.

If I'm not mistaken, the always-awesome Tep392 is working on the XM BIOS. Good practice for the eventual 5200 XM BIOS. :)

[jumps into a WWI worthy trench to take cover from incoming artillery].

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 2

Was the reference to Groovy over the XM Project or something else?

I don't think it's just that... he does have a bit of a reputation of starting projects and then abandoning them, and being quite demonstratively outspoken about his opinions, to the point of insulting people who disagree with him.

Not anywhere near as cuckoo as that Gorf guy though.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/21/2015 at 3:49 PM, RetroGamer128 said:

Kieren also writes for a number of professional publications such as Retro Gamer (which has won numerous awards) and Retro Fusion, organises 2 of the biggest retro gaming events in the UK

You could not be more wrong. You could try, but you would not be successful.
Kieren writes for neither of the above publications, they have washed their hands of him.
He is not involved in any retro gaming events, certainly neither of the two biggest, Play Expo and Revival.
They have also ceased all contact with him as he contributed almost nothing and only brought negativity and bad-feeling.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Landstalker said:

Kieren writes for neither of the above publications, they have washed their hands of him.
He is not involved in any retro gaming events, certainly neither of the two biggest, Play Expo and Revival.
They have also ceased all contact with him as he contributed almost nothing and only brought negativity and bad-feeling.

Holy Thread Revival, Batman!  :)

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 7:08 AM, Landstalker said:

Yeah, you realize your five years too late?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...