IGNORED

Commission for a Jaguar Cartridge

doctorclu

Agreed, especially with as many pins as those chips have!!

..Al

I made 109 carts for myself. Everything about it is tedious. Especially when you get good at it. When recycling old "bad" boards, I found sometimes it was the board that was actually bad (not the roms). I'd recommend you have one socketed board to test every eprom before you solder it onto a board. That way when you test and it does not work, you can unsolder the eproms and use it on another board. Have fun.

Edited by rayik
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Commissioned some carts since I got tired of waiting. My plan is if these become available in the AA store to purchase the "official" versions and pass some of these along to my friend who has a Jag and I game with regularly. Also had Doom II put on a cart for me, as well as Checkered Flag Steering Patch Edition, will post those when they are done just for interests sake (Doom II label should look cool.) :)

post-38373-0-46318500-1469716032_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-81289900-1469716033_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-88142200-1469716034_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-95117300-1469716035_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-03389800-1469716037_thumb.jpg

post-38373-0-06680200-1469716038_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Commissioned some carts since I got tired of waiting. My plan is if these become available in the AA store to purchase the "official" versions and pass some of these along to my friend who has a Jag and I game with regularly. Also had Doom II put on a cart for me, as well as Checkered Flag Steering Patch Edition, will post those when they are done just for interests sake (Doom II label should look cool.) :)

Awesome, by the way.. Doom II? Why have I not heard about Doom II on the Jaguar 'til right now? = O

Awesome, by the way.. Doom II? Why have I not heard about Doom II on the Jaguar 'til right now? = O

It's a Jag Doom hack. Has Doom textures and such but uses maps from the second game. Not sure how many levels (as it was a demo made for eJagfest) but wanted a cart of it anyway just for fun!

• Like 1

It's a Jag Doom hack. Has Doom textures and such but uses maps from the second game. Not sure how many levels (as it was a demo made for eJagfest) but wanted a cart of it anyway just for fun!

Oh, nice. = ) Still cool. I'm gonna keep an eye out myself for someone who might have the tools to slap together a few unreleased Jag carts. Bubble Bobble is one of my friend's favorite games, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of popping it into a Jaguar.

Damn man,they look awesome.
  • Like 2

Wow! those look great. It's great seeing the Jag get some love.

I noticed that porting MSX games to Colecovision is quite popular.

I was wondering roughly, how many Atari ST games could (and are they all worth it) be ported to the Jag? It would be nice to see some more new/different titles available for this under appreciated console. Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

Wow! those look great. It's great seeing the Jag get some love.

I noticed that porting MSX games to Colecovision is quite popular.

I was wondering roughly, how many Atari ST games could (and are they all worth it) be ported to the Jag? It would be nice to see some more new/different titles available for this under appreciated console. Just thinking out loud.

I would love if someone is capable of porting Shadow of the Beast to the Jaggy.

Wow. Amazing. How can I get one of each?

I'm going to have carts available very soon.

That's FANTASTIC!! My only request is to have these in Atari ST grey colour carts, would be a nice homage to the system/origins. But if requests are taken... :D i'd also the the Jaguar font in ST blue (like the buttons on the Power Pad) to further homage the whole... homage.

In any case, i'll take one of each please. When - then! ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tell me this isn't one of the coolest things you've ever seen as a jag fan!

Fun fact: The only other cartridge Doom II has ever been on is Game Boy Advance. I think the Jaguar cart is a perfect fit for this game personally...it looks ominous!!

post-38373-0-15810200-1470941586_thumb.jpg

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 6

Tell me this isn't one of the coolest things you've ever seen as a jag fan!

Fun fact: The only other cartridge Doom II has ever been on is Game Boy Advance. I think the Jaguar cart is a perfect fit for this game personally...it looks ominous!!

You do realize, when it's plugged into the Jaguar you are playing Jag Doom with some hacked in levels. Same play mechanics, graphics and sound as regular Jag Doom.

You do realize, when it's plugged into the Jaguar you are playing Jag Doom with some hacked in levels. Same play mechanics, graphics and sound as regular Jag Doom.

YES! But there is a cool intro and a few other little things that make this fun for me to have on a cart.

I realize that this is by no means a full on Doom II port haha...