IGNORED

Opcode Games support

opcode

As part of our ongoing effort to improve our service in 2016, starting on November 30th Opcode Games will offer customer support where you can get your questions and requests answered within 2 business days. Support will work like this:

1) You send your questions or requests to support [at] opcodegames.com

2) The system will send you an auto reply email to let you know we received your message

3) You get an answer within 2 business days, assuming there is anything in your email to be answered or acknowledged

4) In case we are unable to answer questions for a given period of time, for example due to vacations or some unforeseen condition, the auto reply system will let you know when to expect an answer

So please use the new support system if you need to contact us. We cannot guarantee answers to questions sent to my personal email, my AtariAge messenger or posted in any forum thread.

Edited by opcode
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hey, kids, no worry, mama's back! JK xD

First of all I wanna say a BIG thank you to all of you, seriously, since Opcode is been reviving now I really didn't expected this HUGE reception of our products. I really believe in Opcode games and projects but i'm still getting to know you guys now, and, maaan, YOU ROCK, I mean it! Yesterday, with Donkey Kong sold out in just 3 hours and the other games sold out this morning (i mean, it's less than 1 day since I sent the email) you guys proved for me and for Opcode that you believe in us, that you trust us, and that you support us in our journey! Ed already told you about the amount of work we had passing through to bring these games to you, December definitely was not a vacation month, is was a F* hard month but now we are seeing the results, and all I can say is THANK YOU! To Opcode is a remarkable step, a reborn, and for me, personally, it was a huge motivator and a proof that you believe in my job and this was exactly what I needed, this prove, so THANKS again.

:love:

Once there are still doubts and rumors about the games Ed and I created this FAQ to make things more clear and organized, ok? So let's go...

FAQ

Q: Can I still pre-order Donkey Kong Special Edition or Gradius Special Edition?

A: Unfortunately not, as they are both sold out. However, once the games release in August and June respectively, you will be able to order the regular editions.

Q: So can you put me on a waiting list for the games?

A: We don’t have a specific waiting list for any game. If you are getting our newsletter you will be notified when the games are available to purchase.

Q: Why did Donkey Kong Special Edition and Gradius Special Edition sell out so quickly?

A: We offered 90 copies of each game’s Special Edition, and were estimating it would take a few days at least for them to sell out. The response from fans got us by surprise.

Q: Since the Special Editions sold out so quickly, are you going to offer more copies?

A: Unfortunately not. We apologize for those who couldn’t pre-order the SE, but please understand you can still order the regular edition once the game releases.

Q: Why didn’t you restrict the number of copies each person could pre-order?

A: We couldn’t because PayPal doesn’t offer anything like that. However we didn’t see any abuse during pre-order, very few people got more than a single copy of each game.

Q: I missed that Special Edition. Does that mean I won’t be able to purchase those games?

A: Once the games release, you will be able to purchase the regular editions.

Q: Are you going to offer pre-order for the regular editions?

A: No, the regular editions will be available for order once the games release.

Q: Should I be worried that the regular editions sell out quickly?

A: No. Regular editions will be in high supply once the games release.

Q: What are the differences between the Special Editions and the regular editions?

A: The Special Edition comes with a color themed cartridge, while the regular edition uses a plain vanilla black case. Additionally, we offered free shipping with the SE for those from US. Other than that, both the special and regular editions come with the same box, manual and label.

Q: When I will be able to order the regular editions?

A: Penguin Adventure is slated to release in April 2016, Gradius is planned to release in June 2016 and finally Donkey Kong will follow in August 2016.

Q: I need a Super Game Module to play the games, where can I get one?

A: Pre-order for the 3rd run will be announced once the 2nd run starts shipping still in Q1 2016.

Q: So can I still order a 2nd run SGM ?

A: No, 2nd run is sold out.

Q: So can you put me on a waiting list for the games?

A: We don’t have a specific waiting list for any game. If you are getting our newsletter you will be notified when the games are available to purchase.

Hi Grazi, what do you think about a small run, say 50 copies, of all or some of Opcode's prior library of games?

• Magical Tree
  • Pac-Man Collection
  • Road Fighter
  • Sky Jaguar
  • Space Invaders Collection
  • Yie Ar Kung-Fu

There is likely demand, and I'm sure many of us (myself included) missed out on them the first time around. Maybe offer one or two a quarter? Boxes and carts could be printed/ordered same time as newer games are being produced. They could be funded via a pre-order system. Just a thought.

Hi Grazi, what do you think about a small run, say 50 copies, of all or some of Opcode's prior library of games?

• Magical Tree
  • Pac-Man Collection
  • Road Fighter
  • Sky Jaguar
  • Space Invaders Collection
  • Yie Ar Kung-Fu
There is likely demand, and I'm sure many of us (myself included) missed out on them the first time around. Maybe offer one or two a quarter? Boxes and carts could be printed/ordered same time as newer games are being produced. They could be funded via a pre-order system. Just a thought.

Not a bad idea, but a multi-cart with all those games would be better. Then Opcode would only have one box to manufacture. :)

• Like 5

Not a bad idea, but a multi-cart with all those games would be better. Then Opcode would only have one box to manufacture. :)

Fortunately for those that have missed the CIB releases, the rom file has been released by Opcode and can be played thru the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart or at the very least, thru an emulator. It's not a perfect solution for CIB collectors, but it's better than nothing and it's free!

• Like 1

Mama's here, again.

I was really happy the last time I posted here, but unfortunately i can't say the same now.

It was VERY disappointing to see all the quarreling going on here... :_(

Call me sentimental but i think that the more people are worried picking fights and sides, the less we can enjoy the "new games releasing" vibe, and if we can't enjoy this, then whats the point?

BTW, I've been receiving a lot of email asking about the games, and i'll send a FAQ by email to everybody, just to make things clearer, as I want everybody updated about whats going on, it's part of the new Opcode's policy.

• Like 1

Hi kids, thanks for your support again! Mama have good news now :D

The whole PayPal thing is mostly sorted out, we talk to a PP representative and it happens that there wasn't a copyright issue after all [PP troll :razz:] actually they have some crazy rules about pre-orders that we weren't aware about.

Like Ed said "your pre-order is still valid" so no worries, everything is gonna be fine.

We are working on a resolution and soon i'll let you know more details but we are looking for a way to make things easier and smoother for the next games and the SGM.

• Like 1

The whole PayPal thing is mostly sorted out, we talk to a PP representative and it happens that there wasn't a copyright issue after all [PP troll :razz:] actually they have some crazy rules about pre-orders that we weren't aware about.

Like Ed said "your pre-order is still valid" so no worries, everything is gonna be fine.

We are working on a resolution and soon i'll let you know more details but we are looking for a way to make things easier and smoother for the next games and the SGM.

It makes sense actually. Paypal has limit of how long they let you wait until they allow you to get a refund. If it is a preorder most of the time there is no way a preorder is going to be fulfilled in their contract limits. Which means they could end up spending a lot of money on their dime enforcing their rules for a refund. If they can tell it is a preorder it is smart of them to not allow it. I would think they are only going to get more and more stingy and picky with rules now that they are out on their own and splitting from ebay.

• Like 1

so you found a way to fix the prob with paypal or you still have to refound everybody?

so you found a way to fix the prob with paypal or you still have to refound everybody?

I didn't realize that all the people that pre-ordered were lost! I must have missed that post. Thank heavens they were found as the CV community could not take a loss like that! :P

• Like 2

The account remain limited until we have refunded everybody or ship the games (Penguin Adventure). We will do kind of both, refund about 3/4 of all pre-orders and ship the rest. For those who received the refund, we will be contacting soon about new payment, but that may take a few weeks, as we don't want to take risks again.

The good news is that we may have found a very nice alternative for the future that should be good and safe for everybody. We will announce that soon.

In the meantime everything follows as planned, and we will have news to share soon, about the games, and about the 2nd run and 3rd run of the SGM, I bet you will be surprised... positively surprised I mean. ;)

• Like 1