IGNORED

Sega Dreamcast USB-GDROM

Deunan is a stand-up guy yes. He's a bit ornery but follows through. I still feel like he should consider licensing and mass production, but that's his call. Rhea has too many bugs yet for me to go that route. I do have the GD-EMU, ordered direct.

I actually contacted him a really really long time ago. Before the project was even complete. We did talk about me helping with production and distribution. He even sent me a unit (for free) to try out, so it seemed at the time he was really interested. This was before there was a menu system for it. We actually showed it off at our booth at the 2014 Cleveland Classic & Arcade Gaming Show because it seemed (at the time) it was going to be something we would be carrying.

However, I am not 100% sure what happened, I think he stopped responding to my e-mails or maybe he got busy I don't remember for sure. However at the time I hadn't heard from him for quite awhile so the deal seemed dead in the water. So then Mnemo came out with his and since I had some experience with him at the time (because of the 3DO mods) and his had an actually menu system I switched my focus. I never heard from Deunan again. The reality is it seems some people are just comfortable making a few units and get some extra cash, which he kind of expressed to me as time went on before we stopped communicating. This is why I offered to take over the majority of the boring stuff, production and fulfillment. I don't have any hard feelings towards Deunan, things just petered out, may have partially been my doing. Maybe I will reach out to him again and see what is going on.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Rhea has too many bugs yet for me to go that route.

What bugs? I've been using a Rhea for 3 weeks now with no problems.

Not sure if the gd-rom game menu is similar to the Rhea's. I've figured out a way to organize with the Rhea menu system to display by genre, etc. See my post #259 on on page 13 of the Assembler forus thread. http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/official-rhea-discussion.57377/page-13

Edited by rayik

What bugs? I've been using a Rhea for 3 weeks now with no problems.

Not sure if the gd-rom game menu is similar to the Rhea's. I've figured out a way to organize with the Rhea menu system to display by genre, etc. See my post #259 on on page 13 of the Assembler forus thread. http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/official-rhea-discussion.57377/page-13

Compatibility I believe is still a work in progress, and aren't there a few Saturn iterations that won't work?

Compatibility I believe is still a work in progress, and aren't there a few Saturn iterations that won't work?

Just curious, compatibility with what? I know Bug! and Bug Too! don't work. Otherwise everything I've tried from Trurip runs fine. Images that are cue /multiple bin have to be converted, but that's an easy process.

Edited by rayik