opcode

While Grazi is busy creating pre-order list and sending confirmations, I will reply here.

Thank you so much for supporting us. The last few years weren’t the best, both personally and for Opcode. Last September I got married and Grazi decided she was going to help me getting Opcode back on business. For the past 3 months we worked very hard. We put production of the SGM 2nd run back on track, we now have proper customer care (thanks to Grazi), and I managed to work on two huge megaROM games and get one of them in beta. We have been working 10~12 hours a day for the past month.

Yet, nothing could prepare me for the overwhelming response we got from the pre-order today.

So I would like to thank you so much for supporting us, for believing and trusting us. I and Grazi pledge to do everything we can to not disappoint you, to deliver the highest quality games possible, to keep the promised dates, and to have good communication.

We still have a few surprises to announce soon, so please stay tuned. And with that said, I am going back to work...

• Like 2

Hi again. We are a little overwhelmed here with all the pre-orders, we weren't actually expecting such response, so thanks again.

Grazi is working on a nice spreadsheet with all the names and everybody should get a confirmation email tomorrow.

Thanks again and have a super nice New Year's Day. :D

Hey, kids, no worry, mama's back! JK xD

First of all I wanna say a BIG thank you to all of you, seriously, since Opcode is been reviving now I really didn't expected this HUGE reception of our products. I really believe in Opcode games and projects but i'm still getting to know you guys now, and, maaan, YOU ROCK, I mean it! Yesterday, with Donkey Kong sold out in just 3 hours and the other games sold out this morning (i mean, it's less than 1 day since I sent the email) you guys proved for me and for Opcode that you believe in us, that you trust us, and that you support us in our journey! Ed already told you about the amount of work we had passing through to bring these games to you, December definitely was not a vacation month, is was a F* hard month but now we are seeing the results, and all I can say is THANK YOU! To Opcode is a remarkable step, a reborn, and for me, personally, it was a huge motivator and a proof that you believe in my job and this was exactly what I needed, this prove, so THANKS again.

:love:

• Like 1

Once there are still doubts and rumors about the games Ed and I created this FAQ to make things more clear and organized, ok? So let's go...

FAQ

Q: Can I still pre-order Donkey Kong Special Edition or Gradius Special Edition?

A: Unfortunately not, as they are both sold out. However, once the games release in August and June respectively, you will be able to order the regular editions.

Q: So can you put me on a waiting list for the games?

A: We don’t have a specific waiting list for any game. If you are getting our newsletter you will be notified when the games are available to purchase.

Q: Why did Donkey Kong Special Edition and Gradius Special Edition sell out so quickly?

A: We offered 90 copies of each game’s Special Edition, and were estimating it would take a few days at least for them to sell out. The response from fans got us by surprise.

Q: Since the Special Editions sold out so quickly, are you going to offer more copies?

A: Unfortunately not. We apologize for those who couldn’t pre-order the SE, but please understand you can still order the regular edition once the game releases.

Q: Why didn’t you restrict the number of copies each person could pre-order?

A: We couldn’t because PayPal doesn’t offer anything like that. However we didn’t see any abuse during pre-order, very few people got more than a single copy of each game.

Q: I missed that Special Edition. Does that mean I won’t be able to purchase those games?

A: Once the games release, you will be able to purchase the regular editions.

Q: Are you going to offer pre-order for the regular editions?

A: No, the regular editions will be available for order once the games release.

Q: Should I be worried that the regular editions sell out quickly?

A: No. Regular editions will be in high supply once the games release.

Q: What are the differences between the Special Editions and the regular editions?

A: The Special Edition comes with a color themed cartridge, while the regular edition uses a plain vanilla black case. Additionally, we offered free shipping with the SE for those from US. Other than that, both the special and regular editions come with the same box, manual and label.

Q: When I will be able to order the regular editions?

A: Penguin Adventure is slated to release in April 2016, Gradius is planned to release in June 2016 and finally Donkey Kong will follow in August 2016.

Q: I need a Super Game Module to play the games, where can I get one?

A: Pre-order for the 3rd run will be announced once the 2nd run starts shipping still in Q1 2016.

Q: So can I still order a 2nd run SGM ?

A: No, 2nd run is sold out.

Mama's here, again.

I was really happy the last time I posted here, but unfortunately i can't say the same now.

It was VERY disappointing to see all the quarreling going on here... :_(

Call me sentimental but i think that the more people are worried picking fights and sides, the less we can enjoy the "new games releasing" vibe, and if we can't enjoy this, then whats the point?

BTW, I've been receiving a lot of email asking about the games, and i'll send a FAQ by email to everybody, just to make things clearer, as I want everybody updated about whats going on, it's part of the new Opcode's policy.

It's worth posting this in this thread as well...

Don't let all the BS that sometimes goes on in this forum ruin your "good vibe"... it just comes with the territory especially with limited or special edition releases and the fact that people sometimes don't comprehend what they are reading. You and Ed made it perfectly clear that there will be plenty to go around for all of the standard edition releases, so a lot of people are getting their panties in a bunch over missing out on a colored cart shell????? Oh yeah, and free shipping, which I would rather just pay for anyway so that you guys don't have to eat that cost.

• Like 1

Guys, I have some bad news.

Paypal limited my account. According to them, the amount of orders in just 2 days triggered a red flag. After that I had to send them invoices, and after that they requested license agreements. Long story short, we will be refunding everybody.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. That said, here is the plan, please read:

1) If you pre-ordered any of the games, you are still entitled to a Special Edition copy. The list of pre-orders is locked.

2) It is going to take a couple of days to issue all refunds, please be patient.

3) We had already ordered and paid for Super Game Cartridge boards, so some of you aren't going to receive refunds. However, no matter what, you will receive your game(s). We are still checking with Paypal the conditions, if any, to have the restrictions to our account removed.

So we will be contacting everybody soon with instructions on what to do next. The important thing to remember is that if you pre-ordered any of the games, your pre-order is still valid, some of you will receive a refund from Paypal, and we will find a different payment method to receive payments.

Ed

Hi kids, thanks for your support again! Mama have good news now :D

The whole PayPal thing is mostly sorted out, we talk to a PP representative and it happens that there wasn't a copyright issue after all [PP troll :razz:] actually they have some crazy rules about pre-orders that we weren't aware about.

Like Ed said "your pre-order is still valid" so no worries, everything is gonna be fine.

We are working on a resolution and soon i'll let you know more details but we are looking for a way to make things easier and smoother for the next games and the SGM.

• 1 month later...