opcode

Any word on Arcade Cabnits on the box's? for LadyBug or Pac-Man SGM ver

Not sure if I understand what you mean, but if you are referring to the Coleco box template, we won't be using those. While we understand the Coleco boxes have some nostalgic appeal, we believe we need to create our own visual identity, that better matches the quality of our products.

• Like 9

I personally like it when new boxes are created without the arcade cabinet style from the old colecovision days. I never really liked that design as it doesn't always apply to games that were never arcade games or highlight cabs that were not all that remarkable.

I would be for coleco games to have super colorful artwork with matching spines like Team Pixelboys little logo on the spines with the arcade cabinet (if applicable, in the back)

I love it when game developers make new artwork so very different from other games in the library..

• Like 3

I personally like it when new boxes are created without the arcade cabinet style from the old colecovision days.

I'm sort of on the fence about them. While on one hand I really like the nostalgic feel of those boxes, and I like that some home-brew games have been released using them as a throw-back, I also really *REALLY* like the direction that Pixelboy & Opcode have gone with their boxes. Remember that even Coleco themselves started getting away from the "arcade cabinet" box design after a couple of years as well. I do like it though, when homebrewers offer different box options or "special edition" versions that go back to the classic design. But that being said, I think Opcode's direction is just fantastic and I can't wait to get them in my hands!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

A small update from our most recent newsletter:

Game is almost complete.
Receiving total graphic makeover. New video to be revealed soon.
Game uses the Super Game Cartridge and is a full 1Mbit.
New Options screen offers many configurable settings, including autoshoot and easy mode
Thanks to performance improvements, the game run smoother on the ColecoVision than the original.
Game packaging is mostly done, with only the manual still being worked on. The Gradius saga is about to begin on your ColecoVision...
  • Like 7

A small update from our most recent newsletter:

• Game is almost complete.
• Receiving total graphic makeover. New video to be revealed soon.
• Game uses the Super Game Cartridge and is a full 1Mbit.
• New Options screen offers many configurable settings, including autoshoot and easy mode
• Thanks to performance improvements, the game run smoother on the ColecoVision than the original.
• Game packaging is mostly done, with only the manual still being worked on. The Gradius saga is about to begin on your ColecoVision...

Now that this is finished I noticed there is one or two other Gradius games ? Would any of them be a possibility to port ?

No Luc.

As stated in the Newsletter, Opcode Games, May 2016: " New Options screen offers many configurable settings, including autoshoot and easy mode."

:)

Ah, I see. Well, being able to turn autofire on and off at any time during play would have been nice, but for a game like Gradius, one would probably want to keep autofire on 100% of the time anyway. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting on that video ... :grin:

Quick video, something went wrong during upload, some green glitches during playback. I wish I could have played through several stages, but I will once autoshoot is implemented.

• Like 3

Another video and some updates:

- Features added so far:

1) Auto shoot

2) Auto power up

3) High score saving

-Planned additional features:

4) Easy mode

5) Arcade/MSX mode (MSX mode includes 5 extra stages)

6) # of lives

• Like 9