IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2015 Championship

DZ-Jay

New high score for me! 6361 made it to level 65 thought I might get the kill screen, but No. :( :(

that sucks your cart doesnt have the kill screen. Did it say "you saved christmas (all of them)"? Anyway congrats on making it to grand master. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

pimpmaul69, on 19 Dec 2015 - 01:02 AM, said:

2012 model just had less stuff in auto sense mode from new firmware. I too can solder for you and update if you like. Dont do anything until after the christmas carol competition. No i take that back. Ship it now so i have less competition! :grin: :grin:

haha :) thanks man, I probably will want to get it updated sometime next year!

So here is a score for today:

post-26050-0-32982100-1450579945_thumb.gif

this game was looking to be a great game for me with like 5 guys on level 23...then level 23 just destroyed me :P hehe oh well next time!

Here are some perfects:

post-26050-0-76460400-1450580073_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-29068300-1450580109_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-37820300-1450580159_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-21327400-1450580173_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-20272600-1450580183_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-20643300-1450580209_thumb.gif

post-26050-0-17681900-1450580221_thumb.gif

And my 20 month old daughter who's daddy owns between 4000-5000 videogames :)

Well DZ she just finally played HER First videogame ever last night! And guess what it was!!!

post-26050-0-27022500-1450580229_thumb.gif

haha little IVY breaks into the videogame scene with her first game ever playing Christmas Carol with a score of 31! :D

It was neat to watch...she understood the stick was moving the little elf on screen...she did better with side to side movement....up and down didn't make as much sense to her ;)

She has been watching daddy play the elf game...so it was time for her to try!

And my son Canonitis just had a go with the upci and got just over 1000...sadly he restarted the game before we got a screenshot by tapping the stick by mistake :( oh well more playing to do!

He is a keyboard kid unlike me though...maybe the upci wont benefit him as much as it did me ;) haha

• Like 3

Welcome back stupus!

I am so sorry about the leaderboard confusion. It's not too hard, really. Let me see if I can explain it better. There are three new rules:

First, there are two "tracks": rookies and veterans. "Veterans" are those players who have participated before with a score of 2,000 points or more. "Rookies" are everyone else. Based on this, Canonitis would be a "veteran," Milinea and you would be "Rookies."

Second, there is a special rule that says that a "veteran" must get a higher score than before in order to qualify for prices.

Thirdly, anybody who has won an award in the past, is not qualified to win the same award again. That means that if you won, say, "Top Helper Elf" in the past, you cannot win it again. This is to give a chance to new players.

On to the leaderboard...

The leaderboard is arranged like this:

• At the very top of the list is the "Top Ranking Elf," just like before. The Grand Prize winner. This is the guy with the highest points. It can be a "rookie" or a "veteran." The top prize is open to everyone (except whoever won it before, as per the third new rule).
  • Then follow the "Rank" winners. For each rank we have three places:
    • Top Elite Elf - This is the rookie with the highest points on this rank. It's the same as before, except only for rookies.
    • Runners Up - These are the following five rookies with the highest points on this rank. It's the same as before, except only for rookies.
    • Top Knight Elf - This is the veteran with the highest points on this rank. This is new, and separates the rookies from the veterans. It gives more chances to rookies, with the intention that they become veterans next year. ;)
  • After all "Rank" winners, we have "Santa's Helpers." These are all the rest of the rookies. It's the same as before, except only for rookies.
  • After that are the "Elite Knight Elves." This is where all the rest of the veterans go. This includes veterans who may have gotten a really high score in a rank, but were not qualified to earn it because: a.) they didn't surpass their previous score; or b.) they already won that award in the past.
  • Lastly, there's the "Special Mentioned Spectators." Just like in the past, this is the place to showcase the judges, their families, past winners, and anybody else who is not qualified to win any prizes, but still likes to show off their score.

I really apologize for the confusion. The main intent was to separate rookies from veterans so that veterans rookies do not feel intimidated playing against really good players; and also to elevate all those people who have played really well in the past. Being nominated an "Elite Knight Elf" by Santa Claus is a very high honour indeed. :)

I hope this helps. Please, feel free to ask me any questions, post any concerns, or provide any feedback.

-dZ.

so if i am understanding this correctly veterans cannot qualify for the top rank prizes except for the grand prize?
  • Like 1

You would just win just a mug and hot chocolate, but there are no runner up prizes! so me being just below your score, I would not get a patch.

its a shame you dont get a patch. :( you really earned it this year by not only getting master but you got grand master. Not an easy feat.
  • Like 1

New high score for me! 6361 made it to level 65 thought I might get the kill screen, but No. :( :(

Hmm... That's strange. Which version of the game do you have?

From the title screen, when the music is playing, press "00000000" -- that's the "zero" key, eight times. This will bring up the "build screen." Take a screenshot and post it here for me to see. The ROM editions in circulation do not have any of those Easter Eggs enabled -- except the "Grand Master Elf Edition," which does. I believe you've now earned it if you want it. :)

There is a very old version of the cart that had a bug which caused the kill screen to not trigger. You could talk to "intvnut" of LTO and see if you could send in your PC board for him to reprogram it with the latest ROM.

No on the "you saved christmas (all of them)" screen. And Thanks!

This qualifies as an Easter Egg, and I believe that the trigger for it is the same as the "kill screen," so if you have the old version, it won't show up either. Sorry about that. :(

its a shame you dont get a patch. :( you really earned it this year by not only getting master but you got grand master. Not an easy feat.

I thought the mugs would be very cool trophies. They are personalised with your name and rank, and I was going to include the score as well this year.

In any case, the night is young, and Santa has been known to be extra generous to nice boys and girls once in a while... :ponder:

Wow... I am in last place in my class. :lol:

Is it better to be in first place in a lower class, I wonder. :D

It's always better to be in a higher class. Santa encourages advancement and always rewards high achievements. ;)

Besides, you're just a pinch away from greatness within the Helper Rank. :)

Terrible game. I couldnt stop the ghost from stealing my presents. Lost all my lives in candy cove 21 & 22. :mad:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

LOL! :lol: It's so fitting that Candy Cove ruined your game. I tell you, that programmer is evil. EVEEEL!!! :lol:

And my 20 month old daughter who's daddy owns between 4000-5000 videogames :)

Well DZ she just finally played HER First videogame ever last night! And guess what it was!!!

attachicon.gifshot0018.gif

haha little IVY breaks into the videogame scene with her first game ever playing Christmas Carol with a score of 31! :D

It was neat to watch...she understood the stick was moving the little elf on screen...she did better with side to side movement....up and down didn't make as much sense to her ;)

She has been watching daddy play the elf game...so it was time for her to try!

And my son Canonitis just had a go with the upci and got just over 1000...sadly he restarted the game before we got a screenshot by tapping the stick by mistake :( oh well more playing to do!

He is a keyboard kid unlike me though...maybe the upci wont benefit him as much as it did me ;) haha

Wow! That's a great score for someone who can barely talk! Congratulations, IVY, on your very first entry; and thanks for playing the game. You soon will be challenging the K. Girls!

It's great to see the family coming together and enjoying a game. That's the Real Spirit of Christmas. I hope you and your family have fun and happiness during the Holidays. :)

A little 1K+ score to brighten my Christmas Spirit.... Going back for more now.

1120_zpspzotqcfn.png

Your hard work is paying off, Oprey99rer. You are so far away from that snotty nosed Rookie who posted 470 on his first high score. Great job! :thumbsup:

9 elf ladies a dancin' and a new high score. :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Noted! (Almost missed this one). With 32 achievements so far, you're on a roll, pimp!

Got a perfect on Freezer Burn:

Saved Christmas:

And got a new high score!!!

l20high_zps7q02ttnt.png

A good day...

A good day, indeed! Woo-hoo! That's some great progress! :)

Great Job Pimp! You got me beat, I give up! :grin: :grin:

LOL! Pimp is indeed a terrific player, but we still haven't seen a Yellow score from him... If he manages that, then you'll surely be in trouble; but until then, you are still in the running. So keep crackin'!

And with that, I've updated the official leaderboard, fixed some bugs in the build-script that showed I had "0 days of play" (DOH!), and checked and double-checked everybody's achievements to make sure they were all accounted for. I've also updated the top rankings and player stats on the first post.

-dZ.

DZ, I have tried that code on both my Intellivisions. nothing comes up and tried all 4 controllers.

Are you playing the original cartridge game or the downloadable ROM in a CC3 or something like that? Check your PM.

Edited by DZ-Jay