IGNORED

eBay - Aircars auction question

CrazyChris

It says in the description:

"NO GAME CARTRIDGE!!!!! NO GAME CARTRIDGE!!!! NO GAME CARTRIDGE!!!!

UNFOLDED BOX AND MANUAL ONLY WITH GAME OVERLAYS"

Pretty greedy asking price considering you can buy the actual game and manual for $74 brand new right now.

Where at? KA version??

I messaged him about it a couple of weeks ago and noted that the original rare release did not include a box and that the actual complete game can be obtained for less than half his asking price. He did not respond. If you have seen his author auctions you know his prices are consistently ridiculous. He's the new SS4U.

I messaged him about it a couple of weeks ago and noted that the original rare release did not include a box and that the actual complete game can be obtained for less than half his asking price. He did not respond. If you have seen his author auctions you know his prices are consistently ridiculous. He's the new SS4U.

Of course he didn't respond, he's a greedy leech like most re-sellers on ebay these days and he should be ashamed of himself.

SS4U? Ebay username?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=sweetsstuff4u

Most Jaguar vets know who he is. He was one of the first, and possibly the most consequential, Atari Jaguar speculators on eBay and he wasn't shy about his motives. He would tell you, in all caps, he is into Jaguar for THE MONEY. He absolutely believed everyone else was as well. He pretty much single-handedly caused Jaguar prices to skyrocket during his time on eBay. He bid on absolutely everything common and rare. He horded the items and then listed them on eBay for extravagant prices. He would charge ridiculous rates for shipping and then package as cheaply as possible. He would screw people over in a number of ways. Then he would get offended and threaten legal action if anyone called him out for his despicable actions. He would insult people on eBay and in the community. He's hard to forget.

So maybe it's a little strong to say this guy is a new SS4U but he certainly appears to be another Jaguar speculator which continues to do damage to the community and the ability of average people to collect Jaguar items.

• Like 5

When people put Jag stuff up for ridiculous prices it makes me feel a lot of negative emotions...

(Warning, possibly strong opinions incoming)

It's always "fun" to watch stuff like the Aircars box and other stuff float for months on end on eBay since a lot of people will not pay the price they ask for.

Stuff like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252175225369?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Or when they actually sell or finally end the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201470197113?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262139346715?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just hope the potential buyers didn't get too gouged on the price

And my favorite is when an item comes back around for a higher price or because the seller thinks it's worth more than gold.

Watched this Brain Dead 13 go from 200 to 250 and it still sits with only me watching:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391322090041?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And this Pro Controller that I tried to work with the guy and got an interesting reply:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291618264075?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

"I've seen these new in box sell for over $400 this past year. I'm in no rush to sell it and even reluctant to sell it to be honest. What's your best offer? I think $300 shipped is he lowest I'll go at this time. Thanks "

I like the fact that they didn't come off as mean or anything, but seriously. $400 for a pro controller, even if you happen to have a new in box, is just crazy.

Maybe I'm just venting and talking out of my ass here, but it really pisses me off when people mark up anything more than it is worth and say "someone will buy it". I almost bitched out an employee at my local retro game store when he said that when I was complaining about prices to my friend that works there. That mentality is why retro gaming is seeing prices skyrocket on some items and is the mentality resellers and scalpers thrive on.

Edited by 032-Bias
  • Like 1

I still sell those box sets, so if anybody wants one for £8 plus postage PM me please. My set does not include the manual, but I have been thinking of reprinting that with a proper cover. Think I should maybe stick some on eBay?? Only $190 free p&p worldwide :D

Edited by Gaztee
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

The box didn't sell for $200, so now it is relisted for $189. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Cars-Atari-Jaguar-aircars-/161922424815?

My thoughts on ebaying? To me it depends on how much I wanted to get rid of something depended on the price.

There was once I had a spare of something that I kinda liked. Someone wanted it, I charged him double price (which to me translates to "I am not so much wanting to sell but if you really want it...." ) and the person actually did want it that bad. Had no problem paying it since it was a out of production item.

So if someone wants a box badly enough to pay $200 for it, and here's the kicker, if there are not others available to compete with that price, then guess what, the option is a $200 box. :D

Luckily in this case Aircars THE GAME and box can still be bought cheaper.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

As others stated, none of this was included in the original ICD release.

When I unloaded my duplicates, the seller contacted me numerous times about off site sales not through eBay. It is one thing if it is a kid that does not have a lot of money. Something could be worked out. When it is a reseller, it is laughable that I would drop all my listings and sell to them. We'd both go after the same buyers market.

I wouldn't but a thing from him.

People who flip on EBay for a living have ruined this hobby. Although yeah there are other factors too, the glory days were back on Usenet where people ran their own auctions via email.

eBay prices used to be a deal. I received a pair of Beats headphones recently and threw them on eBay. I sold them right around MSRP. I was quite happy.

20 years ago, when eBay was fresh, I may have got 30% of retail. If it hit 40%, that would have been something.

The final 12% chop between eBay and PayPal makes it hard to sell for a reasonable price and make any money.

Edited by minux

• 3 weeks later...

I scanned ebay frequently here as of late trying to catch up on my collection i never seen that aircars listing must of hit and missed that one.Would like to see the link myself i had to break down and got mine from lukie games at that time though i was unaware B&C sold them for that price.

Ya thats my next thing im at around 35 carts and missing 13 boxes and manuals out of that so i am hunting for them one by one sometimes i may find a good deal on ebay and speaking of which i am trying to get power drive rally now.I just ordered the protector SE and expansion and i ordered a copy of hyper force.But my ebay finds for yesterday when scanning ebay out was I-war, Bubsy, and ruiner for $10 each which i already owned them all, but i couldn't pass up those prices for doubles maybe i can work a deal with them ^^.But the kicker is the same guy i got those three carts off of sold me 2 controllers for $20 so in any event it was a win win for me.As for cart games i am currently trying to find Another world for the Jag but will probably never find that again at a decent enough price i seen it on ebay for astronomical amounts .

Edited by Xgames