IGNORED

What's the Worst Console You Ever Played?

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Uncharted 4 is the only game in the series I actually liked.   I bought the Uncharted collection when it came out (games 1-3), and found them to be completely predictable and rather tedious.   So I decided not to bother buying U4.   I only played it because I got it free on PS+, and it kept drawing me back.

Took numerous attempts for the original to click with me, but loved it once it did. 

The second was a joy from start to finish. 

The third i could tell the team had been split into 2 groups, one on this, the other on TLOU. 

The fourth, great game engine, found the actual game a slog, played till last boss, then just gave up. 

Later went onto play and complete, The Last Of Us, same issues, great game engine, but where on earth was this amazing game i had been hearing about?. 

It might be a combination of things.. 

I've grown tired of the series.. 

Staff changes at Naughty Dog.. 

But i can't see myself returning to the franchise, if they make any future installments. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

Later went onto play and complete, The Last Of Us, same issues, great game engine, but where on earth was this amazing game i had been hearing about?. 

Agree with you there,  I found it to be mostly a dull game with a few decent moments in the middle.   But everyone goes on about it like it's the greatest thing ever.  Between my disappointment with this and U1-3, I was feeling like Naughty Dog are the most overrated developer in the industry.   After I got U4 for free,   I booted it up mostly to check out the graphics since they are supposed to be among the best PS4 has to offer.  Figured I'd play for a short time and delete it.  I didn't expect to get sucked into the game and actually finish it!

• Like 3

TLOU didn't really seem all that impressive to me either.  Especially the beginning.  Another zombie story with an overly quiet hero who loses the only one he cared about . . .  It seems like a story idea that the Walking Dead writers rejected.  Plus the early combat/avoid segments just weren't fun for me.  The game really picked up after the midway point where Ellie starts getting more things to do and more equipment.  Still, I wonder how so many people got through that beginning and liked it.  

Regarding Uncharted 4 - I played U 1-3 on the PS3 and over there, I thought they were great.  @Lost Dragon pretty much nails my opinion of those.  With U4, right away, I didn't like the stupid sitcom marriage that they portrayed for Nathan.  He wants to run away, but can't.  But does anyway and lies to his perfectly understanding wife?  He just seemed like the dumbest husband ever.  That got me on a sour note right from the start.  Then something about the way the game transitioned between "slide down rocks" and "murder 20 dudes" just felt like I could  see the design of the game in a way that was too transparent.  I felt like you were playing this home-life simulator and then the loveable (but stupid) husband character flew off to slide on some mountains and freaking choke some b!tch3s out.  The pieces were good but together they didn't fit.  Finally, when you got to the part with the Jeep in Madagascar, I just got bored.  They made driving around and exploring a real chore.  It just wasn't fun and took a long time to get on with the rest of the game.  Same thing with the boat a little later.  I did finish it eventually, but I can't remember a "last boss."

Is U4 the one where you are on a boat on fire at the end?

Now even with all those negative things to say, I still have Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on my shelf and will play it.  I will also play TLOU II when it drops in price.  And there is no way that these comments would ever make me go so far as to say the PS4 is the worst console I've ever played.

• Like 1

Again, it might just be me, but i am very much of the mindset that studios often fall into the trap of a franchise becoming too popular and there's also the issue of console manufacturers wanting to play safe. 

Take Core Design for example. 

Tomb Raider was the biggest gamble they had probably ever undertaken and it paid off big time, but, even by Tomb Raider  III, signs were there it was out staying it's welcome, series had run it's course, but then they had the teams pump out The Last Revelation and as for Angel Of Darkness... 

It took Crystal Dynamics to reboot the series. 

After Bungie passed Halo onto 343 studios, Halo 4 was enough for myself. 

The story now has reached the point i wouldn't know where to begin in terms of trying to follow it. 

With Uncharted, Sony had found it's new Tomb Raider for the Playstation 3 era, got another spin off out on the Vita and Naughty Dog itself had moved onto TLOU. 

I would of liked to of seen them use the PS4 to launch another new title, not more Uncharted. 

Guerilla stumbled for a while,Shellshock Nam'69,first Killzone, but really came into their own i felt, with Liberation and KZII and III, but Shadow Fall was a step backwards. 

Horizon Zero Dawn though, here was a developer comfortable with the hardware, given it felt the freedom to make the game they wanted to make. 

With TLOU.. i loved the actual concepts, new take, using things found in nature, to portray a post Apocalyptic world, nature reclaiming it's own, but the press simply went Ga-Ga over it. 

I didn't enjoy GTA 5, couldn't fault it technically or for it's ambition, but it just wasn't as fun as GTA III or Vice City, the radio ads toned down the humour missing, the missions seemed more lifeless... 

And here's been part of my issue. 

For years i was reading how Rockstar, Bungie, Naughty Dog were making games art, they were suddenly these great story tellers. 

Sorry, but they aren't. 

The games got prettier, the credit sequences at the end got longer and longer, the budgets bigger, but the games were having less and less impact. 

Uncharted was supposed to make you feel like you were staring in your own Saturday morning action adventure show, right, cliff hanger endings with you playing your way through the dashing heroes escape from appeared sudden death experiences, Drake cheats death once more, fingers manage to find a crumbling handhold, you breathe a sigh of relief once your safely across.. 

I appreciate they wanted to show an older, more comfortable Drake, put driving stuff in for variety, but somewhere along the line with both Uncharted 4 and TLOU, somebody from the studio should of said, Woah, problem here people... 

We have this amazing tech here, but, but, this doesn't feel like Uncharted, it feels new, but stale... 

What are we trying to do here with TLOU, stealth for stealth sake? 

Is it our take on The Road or some Natural History piece or what? 

I'm just not feeling the identity or direction the studios want us to feel. 

The games are made by teams so big, I wonder who is in charge of the vision and is the vision or message getting drowned out by the need to have your cutting edge console game engine praised above all else? 

Apologies for long, rambling post, but i don't want to come across as a hater just for the sake of hating. 

I find myself with complete apathy towards the upcoming next generation of hardware, because the current and end of the last, failed to deliver the experiences i looked for and were promised. 

• Like 2

I had a feeling mentioning the PS4 was going to get a lot of reactions from various people, so I'll just get everyone here all at once to make it easy. I know that nobody is going to agree with me, and that's fine, as I don't expect anyone to.

10 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'm more disappointed myself in the PS3 and PS4 in that mine always like to have issues hibernating and corrupting their hard drives, requiring a lengthy auto fix process. I'm hoping with the PS5 they solve that particular issue once and for all.

Um, yeah, that's not supposed to happen. Never had that problem. The closest thing I have had to that is when I accidentally unplug one of them when they are in sleep mode and then they need to do that error checking thing that they do after you do that. You should probably talk to Sony about that...

9 hours ago, youxia said:

Really? Isn't it Xbox which has much more "exclusives" which are also available on PC? I have neither but it was my impression that PS4's succes this gen is due largerly to the fact that they have much more true exclusives.

Unknown, as I do not have an Xbox.

9 hours ago, zzip said:

I only have issues when the power goes out while hibernating.   Are you in an area with frequent blackouts?

With over 112 million sold, the PS4 is many people's primary gaming system.    The "console exclusive" issue is only an issue for people using it as a second system.   But I do have to say that the fact that a number of PS4 exclusives have jumped to PC in the past year or so is making me wonder if I should invest in PS5 or go PC-only.

Still the PS4 has a number of great exclusives that I really enjoyed like Bloodborne, Dreams, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4,  plus Astrobot, Blood and Truth and Wipeout in VR.   I wouldn't trade it.

In my case, it's basically a BD player for whenever I want to watch Star Trek because my computer doesn't like the Star Trek BDs for some reason, specifically TOS. TNG I think mostly works, but it's been a while.

8 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

I can totally see where your coming from. 

Don't get me wrong, i have gotten a lot out of the PS4... 

Horizon Zero Dawn was THE Zoids game i always wanted and Bloodborne ranks as one of my all time favorite games, but.. 

Killzone and Infamous were far weaker experiences this generation than the last. 

Uncharted 4 is the only game in the series i have never completed. 

Had no inclination to play another God Of War title after finishing III on the PS3. 

My friends who couldn't praise The Last Of Us high enough last generation, vented their spleens at me over TLOUII. 

Wipeout Collection was sublime also. 

Sony really need to pull something out of the bag next gen, especially given they are looking at bringing more of their exclusives to PC. 

I have very little interest (by that I mean absolutely no interest) in any of Sony's games except Uncharted, which they decided to end, so now it's up to third-party PS4 exclusives to carry the system, and if I have no interest in those...

7 hours ago, wongojack said:

Wow - the PS4 gets a mention!   I've logged my complaints against the PS4 (and Uncharted 4) on these boards, and I even was persuaded earlier in the thread to side with someone claiming the PS3 was the worst console they'd played . . . but the PS4?  Worst console?  Not enough exclusives?

I guess I understand the exclusives thing, but do you guys all have your high powered gaming PC hooked up to your main television with controllers charged and ready to go?  I don't.  Do you have stable enough Wifi to run the thing in another room and stream it to your TV or something?  I don't have that either.  The console provides an ease of use that often trumps weather or not I happen to be able to buy the same game for my PC.  I have also noticed that the sales on PC digital titles aren't what they used to be.  I personally find myself waiting and waiting for a sale price that I can live with and it often never comes.  A used physical copy of the console game can often be found cheaper.

I've hit 2 big problems when using a PC as a main gaming platform.  #1 I often want to be in the same room as my spouse even if we are not playing games together.  #2 Is that it takes time to set up for PC gaming in the living room.  Not a lot of time but just enough that whoever might be interested in playing XYZ with me doesn't want to wait for me to connect cables and sync the right game controllers.   I suppose another problem is that the gaming catalog available on PC is linked to my account.  This is a small thing, but for someone to want to play a game with me, they have to search through the games that I own.   Its quite different than looking on the shelf at plastic cases or even browsing through the games available for Xbox Gamepass.  

Anyway, all that to say that "yes" you can get the same games on the PC, but the experience is different.

Actually, as I do not have an HDTV and live in a 1 room apartment, yes, literally everything I have is connected to my computer monitor, and since there's absolutely no reason to use controllers on PC when I have a mouse and keyboard instead, no need to worry about that. My PC also is not capable of Wifi because I didn't put a Wifi card in there, so I use an Ethernet cable instead and have basically like 6 ping at most for everything that I do play online (which is basically nothing), so yeah, I'm good.

As for getting things on PC but being different, yes, they are different, with different in this case meaning "better in literally every way". I know I sound like an elitist at times (and maybe I am...), but this is how it is and I'm not going to lie about it, so...

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, youki said:

I think the console that disappointed me the most  is the Atari Jaguar. :(   I was expecting too much of it back in time.   There are some good games but  the first one i played give me a very bad impression. It was super cross 3D....

I dunno about you but I saw the gag at the time as a teen and wondering then what the fuss was about, it looked like all the other next gen systems in terms of 2d (oh look there's a off brand shaq fu fighter with slightly better color) and far behind PC in terms of 3D. To be fair I had checked out of console gaming for the first time during that whole "death to 16 bit all hail the moar bit's" period until I got hold of a PlayStation ... even as a rabid fanboi of sega I was looking at the saturn going "well there's a meh copy of daytona, what the hell is nights, and where the hell is sonic ... oooh ridge racer and crash bandicoot!"

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I had a feeling mentioning the PS4 was going to get a lot of reactions from various people, so I'll just get everyone here all at once to make it easy. I know that nobody is going to agree with me, and that's fine, as I don't expect anyone to.

I honestly forget the PS4 even exists as well, I havent seen anything that just makes me crap my pants (IE gta3 on PS2) and want to buy a dedicated thing to play A game, and anything that is multiport is generally available on my computer anyway

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Just now, Osgeld said:

I honestly forget the PS4 even exists as well, I havent seen anything that just makes me crap my pants and want to buy a dedicated thing to play A game, and anything that is multiport is generally available on my computer anyway

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I found someone who understands! Thank you!

Anyway, my PS4 rarely gets used (I actually have 2 of them, but one of my friends broke one of them somehow), but I will say that it is a fairly nice BD player with a relatively nice controller that I do rather like. I'm not saying that the library is bad or whatever because it isn't, but if you have a modern PC, there is very little reason to own modern consoles not made by Nintendo.

I actually preordered the PS4 and got it on (Japanese) launch day just for MGS V since I'd rather play it on the PS4 than the PS3, of course, but then about 2 weeks later they announced the PC version, which made me extremely disappointed that I wasted my money on the PS4. I figured that I'd keep it for any exclusives that might interest me, but those exclusives never came, so now it sits there and occasionally helps me watch Star Trek, which is something that my PC has difficulty with.

The second PS4 I have is the super awesome looking red MGS V PS4 that I got just because it looks cool. It's actually a good thing that I bought it, because later I let one of my friends borrow the black launch day one and he somehow broke the HDMI port...

On 8/30/2020 at 6:10 PM, Leeroy ST said:

R-Zone had the novelty fad factor which made people believe it was amazing for the time it came out. You kind oif have to do your best to break your brain and try to put yourself in that period to play it now (and the VB but at least that's not as bad.)

Also 3Do has like 400 games you should look into the library more.

It really is the worst console I have played. And add to the fact that I already had a Game Boy at the time. The R-Zone was my brother's. And it was the XPG version which I think came with the Star Wars game (my brother was a huge Star Wars nerd in the 90s). I've just not played a single console which I have found worse than it.

It's very interesting to hear others thoughts on how disspointing the Playstation 4 has been for them. 

Whilst i have stuck with mine ( no PC and nothing on Xbox this generation took my fancy), even before falling foul once again to Sony's awful customer services, my concern was just who on earth was left to write Killer Exclusives for the Playstation platforms?

Naughty Dog have for myself gone off the boil. 

I have zero interest in Spiderman games, have enjoyed the occasional Ratchet and Clank game over the years, but the games aren't a system seller. 

6 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

It's very interesting to hear others thoughts on how disspointing the Playstation 4 has been for them. 

Whilst i have stuck with mine ( no PC and nothing on Xbox this generation took my fancy), even before falling foul once again to Sony's awful customer services, my concern was just who on earth was left to write Killer Exclusives for the Playstation platforms?

Naughty Dog have for myself gone off the boil. 

I have zero interest in Spiderman games, have enjoyed the occasional Ratchet and Clank game over the years, but the games aren't a system seller. 

I think this is more the case of "it's us, not her". PS4 with its 100+ mil sold certainly is doing something right. Since hardware specs are very similar to Xbox, it clearly is about exclusives. The fact we (yes, me neither) don't care much for Spiderman, TLOU, GoW etc does not mean others feel the same.

Yes, some of these exclusives appear on the PC...after some time. Obviously, when you are younger and all your peers are playing this or that, you'd be very unlikely to say "I don't care, will wait for the PC port".

I usually buy new systems when they are in their 3rd-4th year, but for the last 2 gens haven't even felt the need to do so. Had PS3 briefly, but it was more of the force of habit. But it's because I'm older, have been playing games for nearly 4 decades  and I'm easily bored. if I was 15 I'd most likely go nuts for the likes of GoW.

Besides, the stagnation is not confined to the PS. I mean, somethig so tired and derivative as Control was hailed as one of the top games last year...please. Xbox has even less to offer in terms of original IPs, Switch has its Nintendo stalwarts and not much else either. PC? There's absolutely nothing going on in terms of new stuff on the exclusive AAA front. MS Flight Simulator is the first title in years I can say is genuinely next-gen, but even that is a pretty niche proposition. So, I don't think PS4 line up is so bad in comparison to other platforms when it comes to exclusives.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, youxia said:

I think this is more the case of "it's us, not her". PS4 with its 100+ mil sold certainly is doing something right. Since hardware specs are very similar to Xbox, it clearly is about exclusives. The fact we (yes, me neither) don't care much for Spiderman, TLOU, GoW etc does not mean others feel the same.

Yes, some of these exclusives appear on the PC...after some time. Obviously, when you are younger and all your peers are playing this or that, you'd be very unlikely to say "I don't care, will wait for the PC port".

I usually buy new systems when they are in their 3rd-4th year, but for the last 2 gens haven't even felt the need to do so. Had PS3 briefly, but it was more of the force of habit. But it's because I'm older, have been playing games for nearly 4 decades  and I'm easily bored. if I was 15 I'd most likely go nuts for the likes of GoW.

Besides, the stagnation is not confined to the PS. I mean, somethig so tired and derivative as Control was hailed as one of the top games last year...please. Xbox has even less to offer in terms of original IPs, Switch has its Nintendo stalwarts and not much else either. PC? There's absolutely nothing going on in terms of new stuff on the exclusive AAA front. MS Flight Simulator is the first title in years I can say is genuinely next-gen, but even that is a pretty niche proposition. So, I don't think PS4 line up is so bad in comparison to other platforms when it comes to exclusives.

MS has been as 'bad' as Sony over the years, canning promising titles:Freelancer sequel, closing studios (Ensemble) and there have been major staff departures with studios like Rare and Lionhead. 

I suspect Sony could provide sales figures to justify another God Of War title and that Wipeout is no longer the franchise it was on the original Playstation, a reboot of something like G-Police or Colony Wars wouldn't work. 

But then i look back at what they did in this generation and a reboot of the old Amiga title, Shadow Of The Beast.. and not a very good one at that. 

PS VR appears to be ticking over still, but Sony don't appear to of said anything regarding plans for it on PS5. 

People in my social circles getting a PS5 on launch day are getting one because it's the new Playstation, not for the exclusives, the services, the price... 

But just because it's the next generation Playstation. 

1 hour ago, youxia said:

No it's not about exclusives.

It's about mindshare, price, power, and third party deals. Exclusives stopped being a major driver after 2009.

The PS4 was stronger and less expensive than the Xbox at launch. It took a few months after record sales for some to realize it but by Titanfall overhype launch month it was clear price was a major issue, driven by included Kinect.

This issue applied to other countries the 360 slapped the PS3 in, and the gap in power was a big issue in the US specifically so you lost like 40 million sales to the PS4 just in the top 4 360 selling countries alone.

Then you have third party deals with soccer, GTA, and COD. On Xbox one? Sure, but they are pushed for the PS4.

Xbox losing COD was a big deal as well.

Xbox started picking up with the Slim and X in sales and mindshare but they lost too much ground before then 2016 was near 3 years later by the time the Slim came out, X 4.

Like most they took the first few months past launch as a sign nothing was wrong. Then after Titan fall month they stubbornly waited until May to decouple the Kinect but still shipped Kinect units and didn't drop the prices to clear inventory, which they were later forced to do with some retailers because of all the Kinect units sitting on the floor and then they had to go all linectless which led to Xbox smacking the PS4 in the US during Nov, Dec, 2014 but still losing too much ground before.

It also doesnt help the third party deals Microsoft gambled on mostly were mediocre to broken, while PS4 had those two they also had big hits. That hurt 2015 sales.

I mean Spiderman and tlou are nice an all but that's not what hurt the Xbox One. It doesn't help them but it's not why they got hit so hard.

2 hours ago, youxia said:

But it's because I'm older, have been playing games for nearly 4 decades  and I'm easily bored. if I was 15 I'd most likely go nuts for the likes of GoW.

I'm just as old as many people here, first console was 2600, and easily bored as well.   I've had an absolute blast with the PS4, it's easily my favorite console ever.   But maybe it's because it's my first Playstation.  If I had owned the other three,  maybe I would feel more jaded about it.

@Leeroy ST: I'm sorry, but I have a habit of not engaging with sock puppets.

1 hour ago, zzip said:

I've had an absolute blast with the PS4  

Of course, and so many other people clearly thought so as well. Nothing wrong with that because it is an excellent machine with an extremely strong line up. My point was more in response to other posters saying that they are disappointed with PS4's exclusives. We are just a bit different target demographic.  But they still matter hugely, at least in the universe I dwell in :)

19 minutes ago, Lost Dragon said:

Wasn't sure if i should of mentioned Until Dawn as part of the PS4 exclusives i did like. 

It was originally a Playstation 3 title, moved to Playstation 4.

Developer went onto do PS VR titles afterwards i believe?

"Supermassive" is the developer.   They spent years on Until Dawn, and it turned out great.

But then Sony had them write a bunch of VR and "Playlink" games that were rushed.    A

"Until Dawn: Rush of Blood" is a pretty good PSVR launch title.     But the other VR games they produced sounded like disappointments.   "Playlink" was meant to cash in on what Jackbox Games was doing with mobile devices,  sounds like that project has been abandoned. 

Supermassive is back working on horror games, but multiplatform this time.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, youxia said:

@Leeroy ST: I'm sorry, but I have a habit of not engaging with sock puppets.

Of course, and so many other people clearly thought so as well. Nothing wrong with that because it is an excellent machine with an extremely strong line up. My point was more in response to other posters saying that they are disappointed with PS4's exclusives. We are just a bit different target demographic.  But they still matter hugely, at least in the universe I dwell in :)

Instead of making things up why would you even tag me if you didn't agree with my post above? Strange attempt at instigation. 

28 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

Instead of making things up why would you even tag me if you didn't agree with my post above? Strange attempt at instigation. 

It's just an explanation for the future, since you quoted me. Nothing to do with the OP, the rest of the post is me replying to zzip.

I got a PlayStation 4 for Christmas last year, along with Resident Evil 2 (which was the main reason I wanted one). It was bundled with The Last Of Us Remaster, and free downloads for God of War (?) and some other game I don't care about. I was interested in trying out The Last Of Us since I'd heard nothing but amazing things about it.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't get into it that much. ? I thought I might be the only person in the world! I don't think it's even a bad game, but I got stuck at a certain part and lost interest. I was a bit bummed that the game seemed more about sneaking around and dealing with human threats and less about surviving zombies or mutants or whatever--as I had been led to believe. Very "The Walking Dead," as somebody said. Maybe I'm missing out on the rest of it, but I just don't care that much. I'd rather play my old-school stuff...or REmake2. ?‍♂️

I don't really game at all on my PS4--I use it for streaming and BluRays/DVDs--but that's only because I spend my gaming dollars on retro stuff and related projects. As game console I appreciate what it offers (I imagine this applies to the XboxOne as well), but most of it isn't for me. If I were more inclined, I'd probably mostly play indie stuff, or download arcade games or PS1 titles I already own. ? The Resident Evil 2 remake is superb, though!

17 hours ago, zzip said:

"Supermassive" is the developer.   They spent years on Until Dawn, and it turned out great.

But then Sony had them write a bunch of VR and "Playlink" games that were rushed.    A

"Until Dawn: Rush of Blood" is a pretty good PSVR launch title.     But the other VR games they produced sounded like disappointments.   "Playlink" was meant to cash in on what Jackbox Games was doing with mobile devices,  sounds like that project has been abandoned. 

Supermassive is back working on horror games, but multiplatform this time.

Until Dawn sold the Playstation 4 to a complete non-gamer person i knew, as it was the first time he'd ever seen anything come close to an interactive horror story and something that let him make choices that effected the outcome of events. 

He barely used the machine afterwards as far as i know, Starwars went untouched, Friday The Thirteenth dabbled with.. 

But he played through Until Dawn numerous times to completion. 

It's been a long time since i had seen any game have such an effect on someone who normally had zero interest in gaming. 

I hope Supermassive find a return to form on the new platforms. 

10 hours ago, BassGuitari said:

I got a PlayStation 4 for Christmas last year, along with Resident Evil 2 (which was the main reason I wanted one). It was bundled with The Last Of Us Remaster, and free downloads for God of War (?) and some other game I don't care about. I was interested in trying out The Last Of Us since I'd heard nothing but amazing things about it.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't get into it that much. ? I thought I might be the only person in the world! I don't think it's even a bad game, but I got stuck at a certain part and lost interest.

Maybe we've all been inhaling the same fumes...or reading the same bad press. I originally bought a PS4 a couple of years ago because of IGN's glowing review (a perfect 10! A "masterpiece", they called it!) of The Last of Us. It's certainly an okay game (although I really wanted to sacrifice Ellie, who I found to be annoying, at the end), but I couldn't figure out why people loved it when its plot is just an average apocalyptic grinder. The high-water mark for me in modern gaming is Half-Life, and I'm still waiting (twenty-one odd years later) to find something to better it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Until Dawn sold the Playstation 4 to a complete non-gamer person i knew, as it was the first time he'd ever seen anything come close to an interactive horror story and something that let him make choices that effected the outcome of events. 

He barely used the machine afterwards as far as i know, Starwars went untouched, Friday The Thirteenth dabbled with.. 

But he played through Until Dawn numerous times to completion. 

It's been a long time since i had seen any game have such an effect on someone who normally had zero interest in gaming. 

I hope Supermassive find a return to form on the new platforms. 

You need to make sure your friend is aware of their most recent game Man of Medan, it's very much like Until Dawn. 

• Like 1

It's funny how media is going back and glowing the PS4's hide across the entire generation.

If people remember for almost 2 years people were bringing back the "PS4 had no games meme" across the internet.

Of course, Xbox or PS4, this has been the most disappointing and driest generation. The first chunk of the generation was filled with poorly made "graphical masterpieces" or compromised games because they were releasing them cross-gen or originally planned to, then you had more of the same with a lot of poorly executed "alternatives" wit a sprinkle of good games here or there.

I've really not played with the XBO or PS4 very much, I've mostly been playing older systems and catching up on the PS3/360 backlog.

I just don't feel these games are very exciting or getting me pumped up for anything, the 360 and years later, the PS3 managed to do that from the start, though tampered a bit in the last two years, but I never felt there was anything I was missing this generation.

Edited by Leeroy ST

Worst overall platform I've played is a ZX Spectrum. I have no idea how anyone could enjoy playing anything on that device, and this is coming from someone who still plays Atari 2600, 5200, Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Intellivision, etc. Horrible graphics, horrible sound, barely capable of handling any sort of motion.

The worst specific device I've played is the Atari Flashback Portable. I bought one and the screen was only visible from a ridiculous angle. I was assured this was a one-off issue so I went back to the store. We opened 25 different units and every single one of them had the same problem. AtGames is and will always be garbage. I should've known better than to buy one of their products but I never learn.

25 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Worst overall platform I've played is a ZX Spectrum. I have no idea how anyone could enjoy playing anything on that device, and this is coming from someone who still plays Atari 2600, 5200, Odyssey 2, Colecovision, Intellivision, etc. Horrible graphics, horrible sound, barely capable of handling any sort of motion.

The worst specific device I've played is the Atari Flashback Portable. I bought one and the screen was only visible from a ridiculous angle. I was assured this was a one-off issue so I went back to the store. We opened 25 different units and every single one of them had the same problem. AtGames is and will always be garbage. I should've known better than to buy one of their products but I never learn.

Speccy had a local advantage of being among the first entry level computers and it was super cheap, to be widely spread out. The people who grew up with it will be the only ones that really get the system as it even for the time it was outdated graphically but there was a huge scene in parts of Europe for it that you had to be apart of.