IGNORED

Alice's Mom's Rescue: a new platformer game for Falcon CT60 & Firebee

Orion_

alice0.pngalice1.png
alice4.pngalice5.png

Alice's Mom's Rescue is a puzzle / platformer game in the pure style of old school pixel art.
The giant raven has captured Alice's mother.
Help Alice save her mother through the 3 worlds and 25 levels!
Change Alice's height by jumping on the magic mushrooms to get through the tiny spaces.
But be aware that a small size will also affect Alice's physical abilities!
Solve puzzles, beware of the evil cats, birds, bats & spikes, and find the right path to victory.

The game is available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian languages !

The game is compatible with the Atari Falcon CT60, and the Firebee computer.
It's available here on my itch.io store for a small price ! Enjoy :)
http://orionsoft.itch.io/alicemomrescue

Gameplay video:

• Like 3

Looks good, but why can it not run on a stock Falcon?

because I would need to rewrite all the game engine in optimized assembly language to use the specific falcon hardware, and that would require months of work and despite that I wonder if if would run at a descent speed.

never wondered why there is only one (not finished) platformer game on falcon ? :/

You are a bit wrong about that... There are 4 completed platformers on Falcon, Killing Impact, Blum, Neurobotik and Downfall. You are thinking of Willie's adventures, which might be the most impressive, seeing that it features parallax scrolilng and other goodies. Unfortunately it was the lack of graphics and level design that stopped it from being released since the game engine is complete. I am told that new beat have a more complete version in their drawers, hopefully they'll release it.

I think you are underestimating the Falcon quite a bit there. Still thanks for the release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I didn't know about those game, except for downfall which is not really a real platformer like Alice is.

I look at the games you talked about and it doesn't seems they are fast paced game, I don't know what are the FPS of those game on a real falcon, but I wonder If Alice's gameplay would be playable.

30fps is the lower limit.