IGNORED

What are the best 3rd party games to buy?

HawkMines

I just recently got a Colecovision and I only have 1st party games, (and Moonsweeper Color variant!) so I figured that the best place to learn what the best 3rd party games are is to ask the experts. Also, are their any companies that I should outright avoid?

Parker Bros. games are some of the best on the Colecovision. Frogger, Frogger 2 Threedeep, Gyruss, Montezuma's Revenge, Popeye, Q*Bert, Star Wars The Arcade Game, Super Cobra, and Tutankam. That is your best bet. Only a few by Activision were made like H.E.R.O., River Raid, Pitfall, and Pitfall 2. And a couple from Imagic. Epyx and Atarisoft had a few as well.

Here's my favorite 3rd party games:

- BC's Quest for Tires

- Centipede

- Defender

- Frogger

- Galaxian

- Gyruss

- HERO

- Jumpman Jr

- Jungle Hunt

- Keystone Kapers

- Miner 2049er

- Montezuma's Revenge

- Oil's Well

- Pitfall II

- Popeye

- Q*Bert

- River Raid

Atari and Parker are my favorites. Atari would be the best far had they released all the unreleased prototypes and other announced but never released games. From a technical point of view, they were the best 3rd party, which is kind of ironic.

• Like 1

It looks like the Parker Brothers and Atari games are the most liked from what I see so far. Hopefully my new Centipede doesn't get lost in transit! Sadly, all the Activision and Imagic games for the Coleco are EXPENSIVE! Now my next question would have to be: How much would a Parker Brothers game without a label, that is unknown what game it is, be worth?

Yet, nobody has answered my second question, "Are their any companies that I should outright avoid?"

Probably the Spinnaker and Fisher-Price releases, but that has less to do with the software quality than the audiences they targeted. :)

For general market games, XonoX would probably be my pick for least favored third party producer.

Probably the Spinnaker and Fisher-Price releases, but that has less to do with the software quality than the audiences they targeted. :)

Unless you're a big fan is educational games, I'd stay away from those.

They have been shunned.

• Like 1

For general market games, XonoX would probably be my pick for least favored third party producer.

I would also second this. Sunrise Software is another one I'm not too fond of their games either.