IGNORED

bananas are good.

So I had an idea to try and get back into INTV Basic programming. It took me a while to get the hang of it again since it had been so long. Why not display a banana on the screen and put "Bananas are good." on there also. Perhaps it can be a title screen for a new game. It took a looooong time for INTYColor to like my image, and as a result, it is kind of crappy. I am wondering if anyone can do better. Here, take a crack at INTV-ifying this banana image. Oh, and look at my little thing I made.

bananatitleblackbg.bmp

banana.bin

That looks good, GroovyBee, but it's missing all the shading that makes the original stand out. That said, it does look like a cool background for a more detailed title screen.

I would suggest, aligning it closer to the left (completely at the expense of that left-most peel strand) and a bit lower, so that the text of the title can fit on the upper-right corner.

-dZ.

• Like 1

That looks good, GroovyBee, but it's missing all the shading that makes the original stand out. That said, it does look like a cool background for a more detailed title screen.

True! I did make some small changes to the original and tried to add more detail after that but it blew the GRAM card limit. Using colour stack and some GROM tiles would claw some of that back.

That's kind of a long title for a game. Worm Whomper is a rare game so I don't have it. What do you do in it?

The title is a silly pun: there's a saying, "time flies like the wind"; meaning that it goes too fast ("fly" as in "move fast", and "like" as in "just as"). Then you juxtapose it with "fruit flies like bananas" ("fly" as in the bug, and "like" as in "prefer" or "enjoy"). :lol:

Anyway, Worm Whomper is similar to your Waffle game in that there are worms and other bugs that attack from the right, moving horizontally towards your crops, and you must kill them. It's quite more sophisticated than the Waffle game, but similar in spirit.

I think killing flies would make a cool game, and of course, fruit flies do like bananas. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Yeah, I got the pun title, I just think it would be a little too long. I'm thinking about making the fruit fly game, which would be similar to the one in Mario Paint. The banana would be in the background, and sprite 5 would be a flyswatter, sprite 6 would be the hand that holds it, and sprite 7 would be the fruit fly. I tried making the image with a white background, but when I put the letters in, they were all weird so it wouldn't work.