IGNORED

Ni No Kuni 2 announced

cybercylon

Can't wait for this one. The first one on the PS3 was one of my favorite game for the last generation, and I think it is one of those games that will age pretty well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/05/ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-announced?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=6&utm_campaign=Blogroll

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this thread is quite old, but having recently finished Horizon Zero Dawn, I finally started playing this game (Been on the back burner since it was released) just last night. I'm about 2.5 hrs in and just cleared the Heartland area to start my kingdom. So far I much prefer the combat in this one compared to the original but I'm not sure I agree with the decision to go into Chibi mode for walking the overworld? It isn't that much compressed in size vs just having them be full size and walking around in the world normally like in Zelda BOTW or Horizon would have been?

But having said that, I really like the art style in this game and it really pops on the Pro model. Even though I don't have a 4k display I use with my PS4 Pro, I still use the 4k modes since the games all seem to support supersampling and this game likewise.

What character did you find yourselves actually playing as the most? At first I figured I would just stick with Roland, but honestly Evan is the more balanced character in what he can do so I've just been fighting as him pretty much.

So far I'm really liking this game as I knew I would since I too was a fan of the first game, but I'm not quite sold on the story just yet. I understand what is happening and taking place here, but I'm not sure that just starting up your own kingdom because you were kicked out your original one would just work? I figured it would be more about making allies to your cause and perhaps a main base of operations and from there staging attacks to take out Mausinger's forces until the final conflict to take back Ding Dong Dell. But... looks like that isn't quite how this game is going to play out... just have to see.

• 1 month later...

After just over 82 hours I finally completed the main story of Ni no Kuni II over the weekend. A few things I wanted to ask...

First of all, I do have the adventure pack add-on DLC and I know it adds more stuff to do. It would appear that we can level up to 99 in this game?! That's crazy because I'm only just at level 72 and it took forever to get from 69 to 72. So I just can't see myself grinding over and over on the same basic level 68 - 70- enemies that I occasionally find in Jack Frost's playground to get that leveled up? Also I find it really odd that my party has all level 70+ characters yet I'm still not able to take down level 69 corrupted enemies? Doesn't make sense to me how it is possible to take such enemies down if their hits do over 2000+ damage against my party members yet we only have just about 2000 - 3000 health total? Basically 1 hit from these monsters and 2/3 of my party is down for the count. 

So yeah, not having any lucking taking out some of the corrupted enemies in this game as yet and I find that frustrating since I was able to pretty easily beat skirmishes where it is advised I be at say level 50+ and yet my armies are only like level 30 something and I'm still able to beat the skirmishes. 

Seems the game is sorta unbalanced in this regard. 

I've done all the research that the dream doors shouldn't be an issue and they aren't. However, why is there no way to find out where the dream doors are located in the overworld maps? I know I've visited caves and shrines that had them and skipped them because I wasn't high level enough at the time I first found them. But now that I am, I don't know where I've been and where I haven't? Same with Higg stones. I now possess the research to see them in the caves and shrines I've visited but didn't satisfy yet, I don't know this until I actually visit said caves and shrines to see if there are any I've missed. It seems odd that the overworld map doesn't have an icon to overlay onto locations where you discovered dream doors and Higg stones so you at least have an idea on where you need to go in the region? They let you fast travel to all sorts of places quickly and easily but don't provide a means to mark down when you have discovered something? So I guess I will be hitting up the 'webs for this info later.

And I mention all of this even though I've beaten the main story line because I really want to bring my kingdom up to level 4. I've already upgraded all facilities I can and now just need to find the remaining 10 or so people to recruit to my kingdom to fulfill the requirement to upgrade to level 4. 

1 hour ago, moycon said:

I grabbed the huge Collectors Edition directly off the Bandai site a few weeks ago. Originally $199 I couldn't pass it up at $50. Haven't had the chance to get into it yet, but enjoyed the first one very much! 

This one is good but it doesn't play quite the same as the original. Battles are different, multiple concepts in the game with some very light town management. 

I think I preferred the overall story in the first game a lot more. But I was always wanting to keep playing to see the end.

1 hour ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

This one is good but it doesn't play quite the same as the original. Battles are different, multiple concepts in the game with some very light town management. 

I think I preferred the overall story in the first game a lot more. But I was always wanting to keep playing to see the end.

Maybe that's why the C.E. was selling so cheap. The originals C.E. is crazy expensive these days, there must not have been as much demand for the sequels C.E. Or maybe they just didn't manufacture as many. My Ni No Kuni 2 C.E. says 274/25000 I'll be checking it out soon. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

2 hours ago, moycon said:

Maybe that's why the C.E. was selling so cheap. The originals C.E. is crazy expensive these days, there must not have been as much demand for the sequels C.E. Or maybe they just didn't manufacture as many. My Ni No Kuni 2 C.E. says 274/25000 I'll be checking it out soon. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too high though.

Actually at that price I would be tempted to get it. I opted for the deluxe release that came with some immediate DLC content and the small paper diorama and steelbook case for the game. I know I paid about $80 for that. I can tell you that part of the reasons I didn't buy the C.E. was due to that price. The amount of content in the C.E. wasn't too much more than what came with the Wizard's edition of the first game and yet that version was only about $100 if memory serves. So for me I limit my special editions etc...to around the $100 mark. So I think the doubled price of the C.E. is to blame for that version not selling nearly as well.

And yes I do still have my Wizard's edition of the first Ni no Kuni still shrinked in my display case. Once I saw what the prices were for them were going for, I decided to keep it sealed and bought a standard release copy to actually play LOL.

6 hours ago, moycon said:

I grabbed the huge Collectors Edition directly off the Bandai site a few weeks ago. Originally $199 I couldn't pass it up at $50. Haven't had the chance to get into it yet, but enjoyed the first one very much! 

I pretty much did the same thing from another source. I won't get to it anytime soon.

From what I read, the collectors edition for the PS3 had a much lower print run, and some that pre-ordered never got it. Seems like collector editions these days are more mass produced unless it is something really obscure? What did I pay for the collectors edition of Kingdom Hearts III during the memorial day sales? $40 or something around there.

So this is kinda interesting. When Moycon mentioned the price he paid of the CE version through the Bandai Namco online store, I did actually purchase it and it was indeed $50 even with 8.99 shipping. So my total price was $58.99. I received it today and it is an awesome large box of stuff. Mine did arrive with one side crushed in a bit but I can't complain for the price. And...get this.

The price in the online store is now back to $129.99 for the CE of this game?! It was priced at $50 for several weeks so it couldn't have been a pricing error and I thought it was listed as being on clearance on the website? But...that apparently changed over the last few days. I'm glad I grabbed this when I did then and thank Moycon for the heads up about that price last week.

Oh..and mine is #294 / 25000. Really surprised we both got low serials on this. The magnetic diorama is cool, but sadly mine doesn't really work right. The winding spring isn't strong enough to move the two soldiers around properly on mine and seems weak. Oh well, still the other stuff was excellent and I also got a cloth map of the different areas in the game but that isn't listed on the box contents nor on the website? I do recall it mentioning a poster but that I didn't find in mine. 

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-