IGNORED

The Official 2016 COPTER COMMANDOS High Score Competition

Rev

Hi Rev,

I sent you text with scores for me and my 2 sons (ages 7 1/2 & 6):

Me: 6,552,000+ before game turned over to zero

Gennaro: 25,200

Giuseppe: 2,500

Note: I only experienced "invincible" for a few boards after turning game over at board 256? After that it was same as usual where you could die by crashing or by getting hit by bullet. For the couple boards that I was "invincible", bullets could go through you but you could still crash. Again for me this lasted for just a couple boards or so and then it was business as usual and the bullets would definitely kill you so I was not "invincible".

Thanks for doing the competition - the boys and I had fun. I'm obviously done but I'll see if they want to submit any more scores.

Thanks again.

Joe

I know you've all been waiting for me... :lol:

So, I played a few rounds. On my first try, not having read the manual, I chose Cadet in Classic mode, and then I wondered why it wouldn't even change the colour of the screen. :dunce: Anyway, I got bored and with so many lives that I started playing Kamikaze-style, hurling my helicopter toward enemy jets.

Mode: Classic

Level: Cadet

Score: 183,400

post-27318-0-83092000-1456675462_thumb.jpg

After I managed to destroy all my choppers by suicide, I decided to try again in Remix mode, as a Commander. It was a bit more challenging and I didn't do that well, but by then I had gotten a bit bored with the "wait" technique described by Ignorama that I was not really putting my heart into it. That's not my sort of thing.

Mode: Remix

Level: Commander

Score: 4,400

post-27318-0-43899500-1456675471_thumb.jpg

Score: 4,700

post-27318-0-58343200-1456675476_thumb.jpg

Score: 12,900

post-27318-0-19831700-1456675481_thumb.jpg

I'll try again a bit later. I must say that I'm not much into grinding, it feels too much like "work," so I don't expect to get very far like some here. I wished the game offered a bit more challenge and variety.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I wonder, because no one ever got invincible when he rolled the 256 screen, you got invincible at a certain score, which is possible in different screens. Could you describe it a bit more? And are there no pics? :(

I used the competition rom. So I was never invincible. But with the classic mode I was almost there. Edited by Intymike

@ Opry

I know. I guess in Classic there is no invincible-point. But I tried it our in Remix in both difficulties. Pimpmaul tried it out too and we both got invincible at the exact same point. In fact I tried it out three times and always exactly the same point, which was quite different from Joe's, so I would like to get some more information what happened there, its just interessting.

@ Mike

But Rev said that you never get invincible in the competition ROM, so I wonder. And in the classic mode you probably also dont become invincile on the cart version, it just happens in the remixed mode.

Edited by Ignorama

Ignorama,

I played on cartridge in Classic Cadet mode. If I ever did become invincible it was only for a few board but maybe I was mistaken as I started looking for it after clearing board 256 1st time and thought I saw some bullets go through me. Again I didn't ever play in invincible mode or a full game in Remix mode like my kids did so can't speak to anything there at time. I did notice that under the Classic Cadet mode where an extra Copter is awarded every 10,000 points that sometime after crossing 3,000,000 points and passing board 256 that I stopped getting extra Copters every 10,000 points for a 100,000+ points give or take and then the game started awarding extra Copters again every 10,000 points.

As for pics, I texted all my pics to Rev and have them all on my smartphone as well. It's been a while and I forgot how to attach pics to reply - can someone tell me quickly and I can post them if you like. The last pics I took of my score was at 6,066,600 on board 13 3rd time around and again at 7,800 on board 55 3rd time around after I rolled score to zero after having had approx. 6,552,000+.

Joe

post-29072-0-99867700-1456695050_thumb.jpg

post-29072-0-27743000-1456695071_thumb.jpg

post-29072-0-35962200-1456695093_thumb.jpg

post-29072-0-11126600-1456695147_thumb.jpg

post-29072-0-18427600-1456695167_thumb.jpg

I think I figured it out...... Jzintv is not compatible with Win7 - works fine on my netbook w/ WinXP!

My first try:

copter1_zpseserqm8f.jpg

Of course I have to figured out how to change the fire button. My fingers were on top of one another during the first try. (fire button was set as right shift and on my netbook the directional arrows are right below that)

I will make another attempt........