IGNORED

The Official 2016 COPTER COMMANDOS High Score Competition

Rev

I think I figured it out...... Jzintv is not compatible with Win7 - works fine on my netbook w/ WinXP!

My first try:

copter1_zpseserqm8f.jpg

Of course I have to figured out how to change the fire button. My fingers were on top of one another during the first try. (fire button was set as right shift and on my netbook the directional arrows are right below that)

I will make another attempt........

it works on windows 7 and windows 10 for me.
  • Like 1

Hey,

Well I figured somebody should flip the score over on the rom edition....so today I gave it ago and just finished doing so.

My final score was: 6,723,300

The score flipped at 6,553,500

And I flipped the level counter twice over at level 256.

Here is the first flip after level 256:

post-26050-0-35993800-1456790723_thumb.gif

Here is the second flip after level 256 the second time:

post-26050-0-98240200-1456790770_thumb.gif

Here is the last score I got a pic of before rolling the score over to 0:

post-26050-0-77418800-1456790834_thumb.gif

Here is the first pic after the score roll over:

post-26050-0-83763500-1456790938_thumb.gif

And here is the last shot I got after the score rolled over to 0 and started up again:

post-26050-0-42681300-1456790909_thumb.gif

Sadly as soon as the game ended I tried to get a shot of the code but the game immediately went to the title screen and only showed the code for only a split second :(

I hope your ok with this rev, I played 5 hours approximately. And have many more pictures.

Here the final score shows on the title screen after the roll over:

post-26050-0-20545800-1456791046_thumb.gif

Also I found that after the score rolls over you no longer receive any extra guys at any amount of score it seems. Interesting!

Also do I get a bonus?....I played this while having a 5mm kidney stone :P hehe ouch they suck!

• Like 2

Yep, it seems they flip the score at the same point (cart/rom). At first I didn't notice the lack of extra guys awarded, but I definitely confirmed it after the first few thousand points after the flip. It doesn't seem you get anymore at any point after the flip on the rom.

I also never noticed any invincibility at an point, but that was what was indicated when using the rom. :)

stupus,

Thanks for post. Yeah I'm not sure I experienced invincibility on the cartridge either. And it may be the same on cartridge with regards to extra lives I really don't remember? I played about 104,000+ points past the flip to zero and still had 6 extra copters. Don't recall if I was perfect all that time or if extra copters were still awarded every 10,000 points. Maybe next person to flip can confirm if cartridge does or not - I thought it did but am not 100% & my left thumb will not allow verification lol:-)

Joe

Yeah, it could be easy to miss the extra lives thing....

I stopped trying as hard when I flipped the score and after I lost 2 lives I noticed they were not getting replenished. So I played on a while to verify and figured by 160000 I would have got 1 if I was ever going to. ;)

I played for over an hour and got to wave 100, then to a million and it was bed time so I killed off my 6 planes to end the game:

copter013_zpsj8gixgjy.png

ROM played, Classic, Cadet 1P, Fire: Fast, Lives: 3, Autofire: yes, Invincible: no Wave:116 Score 1,329,300

RX8NCQ08IPSS

Hope I placed in the tournament!

Yep, this game was classic. My earlier games were remix. I don't think I could flip the score on remix. Kudos to you for doing so, I think your the only one that did ;)

thats a long time of playing. Hand crampingly long. i played it in remix commander up to the level flipping back to 0 just to find out what level it flipped on, then i played a few levels after that then quit. I do like this game. I enjoy the games that remind me of my childhood days of atari 2600. Edited by pimpmaul69

Ignorama,

I agree with your post. For me I only hooked up my system this past weekend & once I started a game on Cadet level it simply takes a long time so I wanted to flip the game over to zero. That said, I have no doubt that I or others could flip the game on Remixed or Commander mode. It simply would involve a cautious approach like you said. Overall I will play Remixed in future game but like the fact that Cadet offers younger players and even others who want to play with a little reckless abandon and speed. The cautious approach would be a bit tedious. Overall it's good that the game has a few different options to make more challenging.

Good job, everyone. Sorry I didn't participate. I've been busy in real life and was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of 'rolling over scores' and '3-6 hour marathons'. I might try to play a bit on Sunday when I try out MD, though :)

A big thanks to Rev for releasing this game, hosting the competition, offering up some pretty neat prizes. And, congrats to the winners!