IGNORED

Help with Lantronix UDS-10?

Internetronic

I'm trying to get my Apple II to connect to the Internet via this UDS-10 I bought off of ebay. [(More info on that here)] (

So, I plug it in, the "Link" light turns green meaning that power has been correctly applied. I plug in the Ethernet cord and... nothing.

Whenever the Ethernet cord I use on my PC has been correctly plugged into something, an LED lights up. This doesn't happen here. And the "Status" light doesn't turn green, either. It just stays blank.

Any ideas? Do you guys think the Ethernet port on my UDS is just broken?

Thanks!

I'm trying to get my Apple II to connect to the Internet via this UDS-10 I bought off of ebay. [(More info on that here)] (

So, I plug it in, the "Link" light turns green meaning that power has been correctly applied. I plug in the Ethernet cord and... nothing.

Whenever the Ethernet cord I use on my PC has been correctly plugged into something, an LED lights up. This doesn't happen here. And the "Status" light doesn't turn green, either. It just stays blank.

Any ideas? Do you guys think the Ethernet port on my UDS is just broken?

Thanks!

Make sure that you have the UDS-10 Manual Downloaded and in front of you..

Page 14 indicates that you need to provide External Power as well as the Ethernet and Serial Connection. 9-30 Volts DC, With at least 1 Watt

When I power my UDS-10 from my Bench Top Supply, the Status LED, eventually goes Solid Green..

When I connect the Ethernet Cable between the UDS-10 and the Switch, I get a Green LED on the Link,a and a Flashing Yellow LED on the Net TX/RX.

From Page 23 of the Manual:

Set your Terminal to 9600bps, 8, N, 1 and power cycle the UDS-10.. Within One Second of the Power Cycle, type Three x in the Terminal Window, and the UDS-10 will display:

post-34814-0-54223300-1449600204_thumb.png

After Pressing Enter:

post-34814-0-53157000-1449600842_thumb.png

I Selected '0' ( Zero ) and Enter and then set a Static IP Address and Gateway.

I can now Ping the UDS-10 from my Computer.

MarkO

The UDS-10 seems to Know Nothing about DNS for resolving Domain Names into an IP Address.. So you will need to Pre-Resolve IP Address, to enter into the UDS-10 to connect..

I used the Telnet BBS Guide, to locate a System, ( A Missing Chromosome ) with the Address of "marabbs.no-ip.org" and using my Windows 8.1 Workstation's PING Command, I ( currently ) get an IP Address of "151.213.55.137"

I set the UDS-10 in Modem ( Emulation ) Mode, see Page 26, and I used "Connect Mode" D6.

I can then connect to the BBS by typing, "ATDT151.213.55.137,23". Which is the IPv4 IP Address and the Telnet Port #, which is "23".

This is what you get with TeraTerm:

post-34814-0-63558500-1449606564_thumb.png

Here is what another Logon Graphics looks like:

post-34814-0-43809400-1449606599_thumb.png

MarkO

Thanks for the reply, Mark.

Now, when I connect my Ethernet cord to the UDS-10, the "Link" LED stays green, but nothing else happens. Every other LED stays off. My computer also apparently doesn't recognize a connection, as when I type ipconfig/all into the terminal, the media shows up as disconnected for all of the Ethernet ports. However, when I try to connect the Ethernet to my router, it immediately recognizes it.

I'm somewhat at a loss here. Do you think my Ethernet port on my UDS-10 is bust? Is there something else I should try before buying a new one off of Ebay?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, Mark.

Not a Problem...

Now, when I connect my Ethernet cord to the UDS-10, the "Link" LED stays green, but nothing else happens. Every other LED stays off.

I can see on my UDS-10, that there is No Link LED if there is No Power to the UDS-10, when an Active Ethernet Cable is Plugged In..

If you have Power plugged into the UDS-10 and Press and Hold for One to Two Seconds the RESET Button, ( between the RJ-45 and Power Connector ) what happens???

My computer also apparently doesn't recognize a connection, as when I type ipconfig/all into the terminal, the media shows up as disconnected for all of the Ethernet ports. However, when I try to connect the Ethernet to my router, it immediately recognizes it.

The Connection is RS-232 Serial or you can PING or TELNET to the Ethernet side of the UDS-10, once you have setup an IP Address and Gateway and Net Mask that is compatible with your Ethernet Network.

BTW, "ipconfig /all" is a Windows, specifically Windows 2000 to Windows 10 command to Configure the Network Connections from the Windows Command Line..

I'm somewhat at a loss here. Do you think my Ethernet port on my UDS-10 is bust? Is there something else I should try before buying a new one off of Ebay?

At the moment, the Ethernet Port might be working, it's the Rest of the Unit that seems to not be working... You should have a Solid Green Status LED..

Hopefully, it just has a Weird Configuration and just needs to be Reset..

Thanks.

Your Welcome..

MarkO

If you have Power plugged into the UDS-10 and Press and Hold for One to Two Seconds the RESET Button, ( between the RJ-45 and Power Connector ) what happens???

When I press reset, nothing changes. The Link LED stays on while the Status LED remains off. What should I be seeing?

Also, it may be important to note that the PC I'm connecting the UDS-10 to does not have a serial port. I am using the Apple II's serial port to try to get it connected to the Internet.

Oh, and my Ethernet port on my PC lights up when it has a good connection (like with my router), but when I connect it to the UDS, nothing happens.

Thanks.

Edited by Internetronic

When I press reset, nothing changes. The Link LED stays on while the Status LED remains off. What should I be seeing?

Also, it may be important to note that the PC I'm connecting the UDS-10 to does not have a serial port. I am using the Apple II's serial port to try to get it connected to the Internet.

Oh, and my Ethernet port on my PC lights up when it has a good connection (like with my router), but when I connect it to the UDS, nothing happens.

Thanks.

The Apple Super Serial Card, ( and the probably the Clones of it ) have all the Control Lines the IBM PC Serial Ports do.. So I don't think connecting to the Apple ][ is the problem...

I would guess that there is an Issue with the UDS-10 itself.. Since I can get a Green Status LED and the Green Link LED with only the Ethernet ( and Power ) plugged into the UDS-10.

MarkO