IGNORED

How much do you think an Atari 2700 is worth?

atari2800man

It's worth whatever the right collector is willing to pay. Not being a smart ass it is just one of those things. Is it working, complete, good condition? All factors. After all that it could be up for auction and go for one price one day and a few months later go for much higher or lower, just depends. If you supply those other details (with pictures would be good if possible) than you might get some more opinions, offers, suggestions.

• Like 2

Im trying to sell it,if I can get the right offer.I was looking at 15,000 to 25,000 usd for it.

Well hopefully some others will chime in on this for you. You are new in this community and have come with a very specific purpose to sell a high priced item so you should know as well potential buyers would also like to know if you have any feedback / history as a seller? On other sites or Ebay etc? Also for reference where are you located? US / UK ?

• Like 1

What makes you think it's worth more than what you paid now? Like all collector markets, they are hot and cold because many factors apply. The most important one is the very limited number of people who want it *and* have that kind of money. There are only a few of these people, so here are the factors.

Do they already have one?

Are there more interesting things to get instead for that money? (New things surface, etc.)

Are they looking to buy something *right now* when you are selling it?

Previous sales are in the 4-5k range (?) so why would they pay 2-3x that now? Is there an example of a recent sale this high and what circumstances?

Edited by R.Cade

Well if I go and list it for sale on ebay lets just say,and I list it for 10,000 or 15,000 at a no reserve auction or buy it now.There can be people who want a rare prototype of the atari 2700 and they could very possibly buy it if they wanted it badly.not to mention they havnt been on ebay in almost a decade.im pretty sure it just depends on the person.

I bought mine for 4,200.00!Id like to double or triple my money on selling it.your telling me that I wont get what I want for it?

You can't just arbitrarily demand double or triple market value just because that's what you paid. Nobody cares what you paid because it has nothing to do with its actual market value. If you paid market value (sounds like you did, BTW), then hey, you got a fair deal.

If I paid $100 for a decent, if common Atari 2600 lot and now tried to sell it to you for $300, you'd probably tell me to f@#$ off. And you'd be right.

If I cant sell it for double or triple my profits,then ill just keep it.thats all.its a treasure.

Probably a good move.

• Like 2

That's definitely a piece of gaming history you have there! However, you can't always expect a return on an investment. Sometimes you have to take a loss, depending on the market. You can't fight with the supply and demand principle. I do believe if you put it for sale on an auction site, such as eBay, you're bound to find someone who'll make you a solid offer. I don't necessarily think a forum is the best place to field offers, but it might contain the niche market you're looking for (I assume that's why you posted this). Either way, throw that baby up for auction; couldn't hurt.