IGNORED

Does anybody know of any Atari 2000,Atari 3200 and 5100 for sale?

atari2800man

Im selling off a portion of my collection for over 15,000 I have some stores and people local interested so yeah I may still want the cx2000 but is it really worth it?when theres tons of better vintage software and systems out there.many other obscure systems,rares and prototypes besides cpuwiz one system of fame.

I actually expected you to do this, Atari2800man. It fits the mental profile I've built of you while reading this thread. True collectors have extreme patience, as it often takes decades to amass a collection containing most of the things we look for. As an example, I just found a set of seven prototype educational cartridges from Milliken for the TI-99/4A that I've been trying to find since 1987. I suspect mine is the only surviving set of them in existence. I've seen a few of one title from the series as individual cartridges in other peoples' collections, but never more than one at a time (and most of them were the same title). Time is your friend when it comes to finding everything you want--there is very little instant gratification when it comes to building a truly wonderful collection.

• Like 6

As an example, I just found a set of seven prototype educational cartridges from Milliken for the TI-99/4A that I've been trying to find since 1987. I suspect mine is the only surviving set of them in existence.

Really? Do tell. Did you start a thread about them somewhere?

True collectors have extreme patience, as it often takes decades to amass a collection containing most of the things we look for. [...] Time is your friend when it comes to finding everything you want -- there is very little instant gratification when it comes to building a truly wonderful collection.

Exactly! Even if an item is currently in the hands of someone who would never part with it at any price, rest assured that they will eventually die. Their heirs (and/or whoever administers their estate) will feel less sentimentally attached and more willing to sell. It is just a matter of out-waiting the other person.

• Like 1

I haven't started a thread yet, but I will, Tempest. Six of them were later broken out into the set of 12 Milliken Math cartridges and released individually, but these are two games in one cartridge and they need a disk system with a couple of arcane files (that I haven't been able to recreate yet) on the disk to allow students to do their work and have it monitored by the teachers. The seventh cartridge is the manager for this--but it also requires the files to be on the disk first, or you can't set up the classes and the teachers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting awefully close to of saving 10k!finally!as for selling off my collection,its only a third of it though.I think my best bet is online,if I want to make most cash,so this could take some time.plus by selling some off I can bring some new vintage rares,rare and obscure game systems and mega high end stuff.im currently looking to buy retro arcade game cabinets.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...