IGNORED

Does anybody know of any Atari 2000,Atari 3200 and 5100 for sale?

atari2800man

• 6 months later...

It would probably be best to get a bank loan & fly out to his location with a money order in hand, you could meet at a public library test the system & then go to his bank to make sure money order was good. You would fly back with the system in hand &

the extra $300 for a flight out should be no big deal for a 10k transaction.

LOL, this sounds even more like a hostage exchange. :grin:

Thanks for the bump; I needed a laugh.

Now will the OP please western union me ten grand to my nigerian bank account, and I'll snail mail him the photo! :rolling:

bIUYV6nr.jpg

Y'know, I still regularly get crap like this in my spam folder. "HI, this is Crystal with a GREAT opportunity for you! With a small investment of only $5000 I can....blah blah..."

I'd ask if people are really still falling for this type of stuff, but if the scams are still being attempted, I think I have my answer, sigh....

:woozy:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Everyone got a little crazy here at the end of this thread. Fun to read.

But back to the topic. I found a guy with a working 5100 and several working proto carts. He says the case looks mint, and complete. All the carts supposedly work. He did not provide the titles. His asking price is close to 5 figures. Seems high for a 2nd gen prototype. I'm waiting for some pic of it.

I do not think it is 'Must have' for most collectors. But something nice to have for a 'complete' collection.

He lives a bit far away so I can't go see it without a good reason. I'm kind of at a loss to come up with a reasonable price. If it is what he says, what would some of you be likely to offer up for such a piece?

Everyone got a little crazy here at the end of this thread. Fun to read.

But back to the topic. I found a guy with a working 5100 and several working proto carts. He says the case looks mint, and complete. All the carts supposedly work. He did not provide the titles. His asking price is close to 5 figures. Seems high for a 2nd gen prototype. I'm waiting for some pic of it.

I do not think it is 'Must have' for most collectors. But something nice to have for a 'complete' collection.

He lives a bit far away so I can't go see it without a good reason. I'm kind of at a loss to come up with a reasonable price. If it is what he says, what would some of you be likely to offer up for such a piece?

No pictures, no proof and no knowledge of condition to go off are all holding you back here.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 1