IGNORED

Jaguar CD repair by Onalok..?

KJ4860

I'll try to make this as brief as possible - Back at the end of September, i decided i would take the opportunity and Ebay offer from (now former..?) AA forum member Onalok to repair my cd unit.

After a few brief emails back and fourth, i sent my unit to him for repair. While he did not initially live up to his fast turnaround, as stated in the auction, he was to send the unit out a few weeks after initially intended..

This was the last i have heard from him.

Flash forward to today, where i have repeatedly tried to pm/email him, and i have yet to hear a word from him regarding anything.

Onalok has a very notable reputation on Ebay so i don't want to go as far as to accuse him of hit-n-run on this but I would really like this unit back, as it is one of the few items i have to my name that has not only survived hurricane katrina but was also one of my deceased brother's consoles.

Where did Onalok go? Does anyone here know why he left? Does anybody know him personally?

NOTE: Yes, ebay has been contacted on the situation but there is very little in the way of what they can do, as this was a service auction. At best, i would get a $55 refund... : /

Is it possible to look into pressing charges or at least contacting the authorities? I mean, you have his address, right? Might be something to consider.

I don’t think pressing charges on a $300-400 item would be worth it honestly.

Authorities, however, may be a good idea. I will try contacting his local police office for more information, but am going to expect the “not our jurisdiction” or “petty” response.

With his address and the fact that I am a little over 3 hours from his location, I will just go knock on his door..nicely.

• Like 1

People tend to think something like this will not be taken seriously in small claims court but this is exactly what small claims is for. File your claim and show up on your court date to explain what happened to the judge. Bring documentation. That's it. You're close enough that it's worth pursuing.

• Like 3

I agree. Take him to court. Situations and people like this are reason a lot of people avoid craigslist or forums when trying to buy items. My wife was meeting someone to buy some of my daughters old toys in her work parking lot( I usually handle all the craigslist sales but couldn't make that one- she works at big university and had a co-worker join her). Needless to say my wife gave the lady the item before checking how much money was in the envelop( $10 short). I text her at the number she messaged us from to say she had until 7pm that night( did it a 4pm so 3 hours) to arrange a meeting to correct her mistake( if you want to call it that). The police will help even if its only $10. If you have a number or address they will call and run their info to see if they can find a reason to go talk to them in person. This guy will most likely not show up and eventually you should get your money + some for court fees back. Good luck and let us know what happens. Hoping for the best!

• Like 2

Needless to say my wife gave the lady the item before checking how much money was in the envelop( $10 short). I text her at the number she messaged us from to say she had until 7pm that night( did it a 4pm so 3 hours) to arrange a meeting to correct her mistake( if you want to call it that). The police will help even if its only $10. If you have a number or address they will call and run their info to see if they can find a reason to go talk to them in person. This guy will most likely not show up and eventually you should get your money + some for court fees back. Good luck and let us know what happens. Hoping for the best!

It's funny that mistakes of this sort always come short; why wasn't there $10 too much in there!

Weird.

• Like 1

I sent him a final PM stating my intentions to receive my item, be physically or in monetary recoup. As of yesterday, no word back.

I believe I will begin taking this legal now. I sincerely appreciate your advice guys and will keep you posted.

Sorry, hope it works out for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Without going into any senstive/private details, are you able to tell us anything else? I'm curious as to how this turned out, as I hate to see people scammed.

Gladly - I have received sporatic responses in the past few weeks, with Onalok (aka Nicholas Coale of Mobile AL) claiming that he has been threatened and belittled by me, thus he will not be returning my unit. His canned response for every request for further information regarding my unit is "EBay wouldn't refund you, not me. Go away, college kid."

So thus far, he has committed petty larceny. I plan on visiting his Mobile, AL location next month (no response on this yet) with follow-up paperwork in hand..HOWEVER, if his eBay residence status change is taken to be true, he may not have only committed petty larceny but also federal charges, as he would have crossed no less than 2 state lines with "stolen" merchandise".

Tldr; criminal with a record, can't be trusted.

Supporting details

-Google "Nicholas Coale Mobile AL arrest"

• Like 3

So if you want your thing back you are threatening him, OMG what an evil man!!

He must have turned into a pure Jag hater the day he got kicked from this forum, from just threatening people and such! First he did fix broken JagCD:s and now this... such a shame.

Make sure he doesn't get away with this!

So thus far, he has committed petty larceny. I plan on visiting his Mobile, AL location next month (no response on this yet) with follow-up paperwork in hand..HOWEVER, if his eBay residence status change is taken to be true, he may not have only committed petty larceny but also federal charges, as he would have crossed no less than 2 state lines with "stolen" merchandise".

Supporting details

I just figured out that this is the same person from the other thread debacle over the Jag cd games. Slow of me to comprehend, I know.

Based on Mr Coale's past actions and record, any property you receive back will likely be through the local constabulary, if at all.

In any event, take care if you visit the area in person. Unfortunately, Mobile can be kind of rough area, and is in the news frequently.

I wish you luck in getting things resolved. :)

Edited by RodLightning

Gladly - I have received sporatic responses in the past few weeks, with Onalok (aka Nicholas Coale of Mobile AL) claiming that he has been threatened and belittled by me, thus he will not be returning my unit. His canned response for every request for further information regarding my unit is "EBay wouldn't refund you, not me. Go away, college kid."

Supporting details

Sorry to hear that you have such trouble. It is a shame for your Jag CD and I really do hope this turns out well for you. On the other side (and as someone who is not affected by the idiot's doings) this turns out to be hilarious. I just googled the guy and immediatly the first link shows a mugshot of him being beaten up. Just had to think about his bathroom door picture and couldn't stop laughing.Anyway if you pay him a visit please be prepared and better not go alone, as it turns out he seems to be a rather violent guy. Good luck, I hope you get that Jag CD back.

• Like 3

I just googled the guy and immediatly the first link shows a mugshot of him being beaten up. Just had to think about his bathroom door picture and couldn't stop laughing.

The mugshot was extra handy because it debunked (debuffed? wrong thread...) his bathroom door height claims.

Fun times, I hope KJ4860 manages to get something back though. Given his past trouble with the law I doubt he'd want the police questioning him about fraud, so maybe that threat might have some weight.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear that you have such trouble. It is a shame for your Jag CD and I really do hope this turns out well for you. On the other side (and as someone who is not affected by the idiot's doings) this turns out to be hilarious. I just googled the guy and immediatly the first link shows a mugshot of him being beaten up. Just had to think about his bathroom door picture and couldn't stop laughing. Anyway if you pay him a visit please be prepared and better not go alone, as it turns out he seems to be a rather violent guy. Good luck, I hope you get that Jag CD back.

Sorry, did you mean this guy??

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/03/mobile_crime_man_arrested_afte.html

• Like 1

The mugshot was extra handy because it debunked (debuffed? wrong thread...) his bathroom door height claims.

Fun times, I hope KJ4860 manages to get something back though. Given his past trouble with the law I doubt he'd want the police questioning him about fraud, so maybe that threat might have some weight.

hehe, we had some fun when we found that, I've looked through my account and found it so I'll PM you a link to our version of his mugshot :P

• Like 3