IGNORED

Translucent RED Jaguar Console Shells - ORDER NOW

Parrothead

Hey Everyone!

We are preparing to tool up again for some of our new console prototypes so I thought now would also be a good time, since the tooling will be installed and set, to see if any of you are interested in another color run of Jag console shells. I think Translucent Red would look great. Note: We will not ever produce our new console in this color so it will be unique only to the Jaguar. Another idea is to just use the T-Red top shell installed on the existing black bottom shell. I think the contrast black and red would look cool and would be an easy retrofit.

Pricing is the same as the clear translucent run:

$45 USA. $56 CANADA. $64 INTERNATIONAL. If you want multiples, please email me for a quote with combined shipping -- socalmike@gamegavel.com

Paypal to: admin@gamegavel.com We will make sure to ship in the order purchased.

The injection molder is quoting me 5 week delivery with the holidays so these would be mailing out around mid-January.

These will include the clear translucent button, light pipe and spring.

- Mike

Edited by Parrothead

Would these be missing the back like the clear ones or will they be identical to the original shell?

As I recall, the back is missing because these are the molds for the dental device that didn't have the back/rear piece, leaving the case open at the rear.

That's how it'll be, the molds are modified now and that's what they produce.

I think Rebooteroids with a black and red label, in a red translucent cart shell, would surpass BSG as the coolest looking Jag game. Just saying.

I asked Mike about a bulk order for cart shells. While there was a discount for bulk buying, the cost to meet a large run of a game was not something that looked doable or sensible... to the point where, if it looked like more releases might happen it'd be cheaper to have our own custom mould made and produce our own plastics (which is still a stupid amount of money and not going to happen either).

• Like 1

I really want to order one but I can't allow myself to do so with all the stories of system and cart shells that went unshipped. :/

Were these eventually shipped? Is the clear shell chapter closed before starting this translucent red shell chapter?

I asked Mike about a bulk order for cart shells. While there was a discount for bulk buying, the cost to meet a large run of a game was not something that looked doable or sensible... to the point where, if it looked like more releases might happen it'd be cheaper to have our own custom mould made and produce our own plastics (which is still a stupid amount of money and not going to happen either).

Holy crap! :(

Were these eventually shipped? Is the clear shell chapter closed before starting this translucent red shell chapter?

Yes these were all shipped but for a 4-5 which fell through the cracks and were shipped after some communication from the buyers. I can assure all that paid got what they paid for :)

Sorry Mike - let me understand correctly. The price is the same for a complete top and bottom red shell or just a top red shell?

Wouldn't the price be cheaper for the latter option? Do you have any concept drawings like you do with your Retro console to indicate the shades of Red being considered.

I never had any trouble with my clear shell order but I think I'd rather like to see what I'm getting and be clear on the price ahead of paying :)

• Like 1

Sorry Mike - let me understand correctly. The price is the same for a complete top and bottom red shell or just a top red shell?

Wouldn't the price be cheaper for the latter option? Do you have any concept drawings like you do with your Retro console to indicate the shades of Red being considered.

I never had any trouble with my clear shell order but I think I'd rather like to see what I'm getting and be clear on the price ahead of paying :)

The price is for the entire shell. I think he was just suggesting that it might be cool if you just install the top, to contrast with the darker bottom. Buyer pays the money and gets a full shell regardless, what they do with both pieces is up to them.

Yes these were all shipped but for a 4-5 which fell through the cracks and were shipped after some communication from the buyers. I can assure all that paid got what they paid for :)

so how do you explain gazte's cartridge fronts and no backs then?

when you buy a cartridge you buy a front and back, not fronts only ???

so how do you explain gazte's cartridge fronts and no backs then?

when you buy a cartridge you buy a front and back, not fronts only ???

Gaz was sent fronts only by mistake?

Semi-related: When I ordered a large number of cart shells from Telegames UK a good while ago, they imported them from the US (no idea where exactly). They were new ones, in original cartons, not pulls, but the guy told me there was a pricing error and the price he quoted was per piece of plastic, not the two halves (lolol) but said as a one-off he'd let it slide. Seemed utterly bizarre at the time, but now just one of those things that adds up to producing Jaguar carts being an utter pain in the arse from start to finish... no way were we ever going to pay 2x that price for a repeat order.

• Like 1