IGNORED

Translucent RED Jaguar Console Shells - ORDER NOW

Parrothead

What I don't understand is how coleco fit into this. Are they even the same people as they were in the 70s? Who owns that name and why aren't they pulling out upon these revelations? Mike, get liaising with hyperkin they're experienced at aftermarket retro consoles.

What I don't understand is how coleco fit into this. Are they even the same people as they were in the 70s? Who owns that name and why aren't they pulling out upon these revelations? Mike, get liaising with hyperkin they're experienced at aftermarket retro consoles.

They're not the same, there's a holding company that owns the name/IP and it's licensed.

They've given him 7 days to produce a working prototype:

Chameleon Product: We are thankful to have a large group of passionate engineers and retro game enthusiasts who follow Coleco and other product lines. It has come to our attention that the community has certain concerns over the prototypes involving the Retro VGS model. The team at Retro remains confident that their product is developed to the extent as describe; HOWEVER, in order to confirm or debase these concerns, Coleco has demanded to inspect the prototype units within a seven day time frame. At which time, independent engineers will review their findings and determine if those units are up to our standards. We will report some or all of those findings to the community so as long as they do not interfere with proprietary information. We remain hopeful that the community's concerns are merely speculations, but if there is merit to the concerns, then we have no choice but to abandon the project rather than release a sub-par product. During this time, we ask that the community allow us time to complete these inspections. Time extensions will only be granted if requested by the independent engineer. Time extensions and results will be posted here.

MK has nothing but a Jaguar shell and a decreasing amount of people he can count on to stand by his side. Hyperkin don't need someone with pie-in-the-sky ideas and Jaguar moulds, they can do their own thing their own way. And there's nobody out there who will be interested in going for a third round of hyping up a non-existent crowd-funded non-console given what happened in the past 2 weeks. There's a reason the CC thread is over 200 pages in 2 months. It's not because people are falling over themselves to throw their money at the screen.

• Like 2

Thanks sh3. All this is insane!! Good that the holding company are acting appropriately.

I can't see that geezer who paid for his red shell actually getting it. Small claims court for him perhaps.

On the plus side the translucent case was actually pretty neat and I'm pretty pleased with mine.

Not sure where you got that coleco update from so could you update us as to their decision after the seven days? Or will it be plastered over the boards anyway?! I guess the project will be well and truly dead if they pull out.

It's from facebook. The blue text is a link to the post. You might need a fb account.

So, Parrothead, now that your plate is pretty cleared off. Will you please answer my email on where my Translucent Red Jaguar shell is?

Uh-oh, you sent money? I hope it didn't disappear into the RETRO margarita slush fund described above...

So, Parrothead, now that your plate is pretty cleared off. Will you please answer my email on where my Translucent Red Jaguar shell is?

Pretty sure this run never happened, plus his last post was nearly 3 months ago at this point. Hopefully you get a response, but my guess is you're out $45. On the plus side, that $45 may have bought some electrical tape or some Chinese knockoff SNES controllers.

• Like 7

• 5 months later...