IGNORED

Best 'worst' Jaguar game?

LianneJaguar64

Wow, 53 minutes and 40 seconds we finally get around to the title subject of the podcast "And then there's Bubsy".

When I first saw this podcast I was excited to see an hour and eleven minute podcast on the topic of Bubsy. What it actually contained was 53 minutes of rambling. Wow.

Yeah.. Anyone that manages to talk 53 minutes of Bubsy is batshit crazy.

That said, our show titles never really reflected the entirety of what we talked about. If you check the show notes of any episode, you will see it's pretty standard procedure to talk about a wide variety of things. Kris had a tendency of finding a funny line that was said during the show and using that as the show title. So chances are somewhere in the show, one of us mentioned Bubsy, and the other was probably like, "Ha, what is that?" (in a sarcastic tone.. because neither of us likes Bubsy).

Rambling? Yeah.. right. Looks like we talked about a lot of stuff:

• Sega CD audio problems on a Model 1 Genesis
  • Zool 2 (Atari Jaguar)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (SNES/NES)
  • Street Racer (PlayStation, SNES)
  • Tempo (Sega 32X)
  • Bubsy (Atari Jaguar)
  • Bust-A-Move (SNES)
  • Sewer Shark (Sega CD)
  • Sega CDX System
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
  • Ristar (Genesis/MegaDrive)

Although looking at the YouTube video, I can see you were mislead a bit because I didn't post the show notes there. However, at the time of recording this (2012), we didn't upload the show to YouTube--it was posted to iTunes and Kris's website. I only have it on YouTube for archive purposes. However, I added the show notes from the website to avoid confusion in the future. Thanks. Link: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/1704?rq=21

Almost forgot about I-War. Not sure what present thought is about that, I know it was poorly reviewed and it is a little hard to get into due to the framerate but it's one I like to still play once in a while. Great music and a little different.

I-War is still surprisingly playable in that special crippled framerate crawl that only the Jaguar can deliver. :lol:

Music is very good, dark, moody and adds to the cool atmosphere of the game. The "puzzle" (more like switch) elements are decent and I like the fact the levels aren't so large that you get lost before figuring out what to do or where to go next. I-War is definitely one of the better games overall for the system IMO.

And agree with the observation that Raiden is a little different on the Jaguar. Feels different somehow, besides the large console thingy that takes up a good chunk of space on the right. Not a rip per se, but again, something else added to give it that "special" Jaguar flavor compared to the other systems. Today, probably prefer the cleaner vertical look with blank space on the sides, that most all of the other home versions exhibit. As dated as it was at the time and still kind of is today, probably a top 10 or top 20 at least for the system.

• Like 3

I - War is one of my favorite games for the Jaguar. And no I'm not one of those guys with a limited library and thinks he has seen what the jaguar has to offer (like youtube reviews that go through kasumi ninja and and bubsy and think they've reviewed the jaguar ) I have some of the actual rare good games for it and I still pop in I-war from time to time. I keep getting stuck on level 20 though. So I just restart and enjoy playing all over again

I - War is one of my favorite games for the Jaguar. And no I'm not one of those guys with a limited library and thinks he has seen what the jaguar has to offer (like youtube reviews that go through kasumi ninja and and bubsy and think they've reviewed the jaguar ) I have some of the actual rare good games for it and I still pop in I-war from time to time. I keep getting stuck on level 20 though. So I just restart and enjoy playing all over again

Yeah, it's a good game, I'm stuck at level 14 or 15 or something. Think I will replay it soon tho.