IGNORED

New video upgrade coming soon!

Bryan

Uh, just a bit of warning... you aren't going to find a consistent authoritative reference on the NTSC color delay even from Atari. SALT tells you to match 1 and 15 and the PAL GTIA hardcodes that, but the Atari Hardware Manual has 1 and 15 labeled different. Then there are games like EPYX Summer Games that use color 15 for red and will show nasty flags if the color delay isn't set to push 15 beyond 1. There's no way to win with one particular setting.

We should probably establish a standard within the community and use it going forward.

I used to use the original Pac Man cart because getting all 4 ghosts the right color took careful adjustment.

Well, if we can accurately determine what delay is being set in each GTIA cycle, we can just address a 'color array' to output whatever 'color' we think is appropriate. You could even load the array dynamically to suit your preference.

Can you explain how you would set up to see this problem? A looping color change?

Bob

Well, if we can accurately determine what delay is being set in each GTIA cycle, we can just address a 'color array' to output whatever 'color' we think is appropriate. You could even load the array dynamically to suit your preference.

Can you explain how you would set up to see this problem? A looping color change?

Bob

Something like this:

This way you'll see different color delays sliding against each other.

-Bry

10 GRAPHICS 7+16
20 FOR X=0 TO 159 STEP 2
30 COLOR 1
40 PLOT X,0:DRAWTO X,95
50 COLOR 2
60 PLOT X+1,0:DRAWTO X+1,95
70 NEXT X
80 POKE 708,30
90 POKE 709,A
100 A=A+1:IF A=256 THEN A=0
110 GOTO 90
  • Like 1

Rev C boards are here!

I'm going to be taking orders for the first batch which will ship the 2nd week of February. I'll be taking these orders until the end of January. You can order a complete unit for $20 + shipping or a board-only unit (no jumpers or connectors for a custom installation) for $17 + shipping.

You don't need to pay now, but please honor your reservation. I will get shipping quotes once I have your information.

First shots of Rev C, plus a comparison of a colorburst from UAV and a stock XEGS. Please excuse the banding- it's hard to get a good shot of a CRT:

post-3606-0-32331100-1452141534_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-32331500-1452141556_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-29847000-1452142514_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-39104800-1452144301_thumb.jpg

• Like 2