IGNORED

New video upgrade coming soon!

Bryan

Ok. I have another idea: I remove the "color in" wire. If it does no difference to what I experience, I know that that's the problem. Then I recheck all lines concerned with "color in" and recheck the base, and the solder work to the base in which the board sits.

EDIT:

Removing "color in" results in a very sharp image, but black and white without colors (makes sense =) )

EDIT 2:

Actually it's AMAZINGLY sharp! It's affected by your board for sure, composite wouldn't be able to do this.

Edited by Boojakascha

Here is another picture of bug hunter. It has again all colors (as asteroids did) but the color images are not at the same location, giving a rainbow and un-sharpness. The white font remains sharp, it just looks un-sharp on the photo

bughunter.jpg

EDIT:

Having no croma output connected to the s-video jack, looks the same as leaving "color in" away from the UAV

EDIT2:

Removing luma, yields an unstable picture with no content. That makes sense, as this removes the sync as well.^^

EDIT3:

Does any of your customers have a PAL machine? Could that be the issue?

Edited by Boojakascha

These have been installed in tons of PAL machines, including mine. :)

Can you take the color wire out of the far-right (color-in) terminal and touch it to pin 4 of the IC on the right as shown? Let me know if that produces color.

(the board in the pic is a little different version, but ignore that).

post-3606-0-42930500-1506026909.jpg

• Like 1

Can you take the color wire out of the far-right (color-in) terminal and touch it to pin 4 of the IC on the right as shown? Let me know if that produces color.

I tried. It results in the same picture as shown before.

bughunter.jpg

It is looks exactly the same as if I screwed it onto the terminal.

I received my ESR meter early and have it already at hand. Is are there any particular capacitors worth checking?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So anybody know if these are still available? I pm'd Bryan over a week ago to purchase and haven't heard anything back. Is this the best way to get ahold of him?

Thanks

Yeah - that's the best way to get ahold of him. I know sometimes he gets really busy with regular job.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bingo! Thanks ;)

Updated pic with the original tap locations in case it's of use to anyone:

swptFz.jpg

Is there a way i can connect the board with fly leads like this even if ive already soldered the jumper header in? I saw this picture after i soldered the header in.

eg. Can I soldier fly leads into the holes for the socket pin headers? Then presumably use the jumpers to configure the board?

Edited by cypher007