IGNORED

New video upgrade coming soon!

Bryan

Think I’ve figured it. If I use the jumpers then connect the wires to the cd4050 holes on the uav then to the relavent points on the a2600 board it should work.

How did you figure out the connection b/w socket points and jumpers? I would like to understand the logic and the reason why we need to put the jumpers in specific positions. I know that the CD4060 is used in different ways by different system and we need to route signals in the correct way, but I would like to know the details of each pin in the jumpers section.

That way I might be able to get rid of the pin header, to route the signals just by using soldered cables and to have a low profile solution.

I did more-or-less exactly this on my 800XL - just solder wire jumpers in place of where the pin jumpers should go.

Just followed the jumper settings for 800XL without really caring about the purpose of each pin, but they're pretty clearly labeled in the schematics as being the 4 luma channels plus power and ground.

https://twitter.com/48kRAM/status/883007320254492674

• Like 1

i would like to order a basic UAV board

please let me know the total cost including shipping to the UK

many thanks

I am in for two of these fine products!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Atari!

Located in the united States

Guys, this is the VERY old thread that resulted in the original Rev C UAV boards being developed and sold. Bryan long ago moved onto a new revision (Rev D) and a new thread.

If you read that thread, however, he's working on a Rev E and is probably out of these by now.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I read the instructions for installing on a 1200XL. Is all that lifting required anyway or just if you want to use the original video connector? I removed the RF modulator and would rather mount a second video connector.

I also installed a simple stereo which would provide the audio output for the new video connector. I still ponder what's the best way to route all that out of the Atari without drilling lots of holes. I thought about a 7-pin DIN connector (with the two extra pins used for the L/R audio). That would allow using "normal" video cables or a custom cable for stereo.

Another idea would be a a mini-DIN connector into which you can plug a bundle of Cinch cables (like they're used on some video cards) but I suppose that would be rather hard to solder due to size even if I used some existing cable assembly.

post-4219-0-25897000-1558275911.jpg

Any ideas?

(My UAVs are rev. B or C, BTW.)

The power connector is 7 pin DIN. Using the same connector for your monitor port might cause serious damaged to your Atari.

Even though it's a 1200XL that's too easy to mix up with other machines.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, SoundGammon said:

Having trouble with the 5200 UAV board. I need the correct jumper settings for it!

I tried 2 different configurations and doesn't look right. Composite shaky & dark and s-video, no color

Anyone have the correct jumper settings? 

Thanks!

Please see my post immediately above - this is a very old thread. There’s a new thread for the Rev D UAV. The first couple posts have all the jumper settings for different machines. 

That said, the 5200 has some quirks that vary whether you’re doing a 4-port or a 2-port, whether you want to keep the 4050 in-circuit or not.

On 1/10/2016 at 9:21 AM, Bryan said:

5200 install Can't make out the jumpers!  I have Ver. C of this board.

The board fits nicely under the shield. There is a row of resistors behind GTIA. Solder the wire either directly to GTIA pin 21 or to the close end of the far right resistor. The other end goes in terminal 1 (the one closest to the corner).

post-3606-0-76522100-1452442617_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-32738000-1452442621_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-55542800-1452442624_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-56169900-1452442627_thumb.jpg

post-3606-0-94766400-1452442629_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, athousanddetails said:

thanks mate! Too bad, it's US :( i'm in Europe, so customs are insanely hard :( no euro sellers?

Given the current  state of affairs, I guess your best bet is to get more people from your side of the Atlantic interested in UAV boards (or other goodies from the brewing academy) and prorate the costs.

We have done that before (in the other direction) to get stuff from Jurgen and from Lotharek.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, manterola said:

Given the current  state of affairs, I guess your best bet is to get more people from your side of the Atlantic interested in UAV boards (or other goodies from the brewing academy) and prorate the costs.

We have done that before (in the other direction) to get stuff from Jurgen and from Lotharek.

I believe the issue is as as much the import taxes as the shipping costs, while a group buy would reduce the shipping it wouldn't necessarily reduce the taxes.