IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

I know someone else profiting off your hard work can kinda peeve you off. But you should think of it as a service to the commmunity. Until they release that flash cart with SD support there's no easy way to play these games on your console. One of my hacks is on a repro and I don't profit from it, but I think it's cool someone liked it enough to put it on there.

If you decide to make your own carts and not release ROM's that could work too, but when that flash cart comes out people won't be able to add your port on it. I imagine you'd rather have people playing it and enjoying it than a select few buying the few cartridges you have time to make.

I know someone else profiting off your hard work can kinda peeve you off. But you should think of it as a service to the commmunity.

70219556.jpg

These can generally be burned to CD, or dumped to a Skunk. Most people THAT into the Jag have access to one or both of these.

To give any air of legitimacy to this kind of garbage or passing it off as a service to the community is ridiculous. It's profiteering off the work of others...no more, no less.

• Like 3

I spose its easy enough to burn a cd, assuming you find a working jaguar cd. I heard AVGN had to buy 3 jaguar cd's before he finally got one that worked tho. I don't think I would wanna throw that much money away just to play some ST games. I think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard. So really the best option is to buy a pre-made cartridge. It's good if you guys are gonna sell them. The money will go to people that actually deserve it. When the Jaguar flash cart comes out I expect you to release the ROM's again tho.

Think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard.

Skunks work just fine with any modern Windows/Linux machine. The real issue with them now is getting one. People are trying to sell them for ~$500 on eBay, because their value will most likely drop considerably when SainT's SD card reader comes out.

• Like 2

This is the first mention I've seen of a SD card reader for the ST...is there more info on it someplace? I searched but couldn't find anything.

Skunks work just fine with any modern Windows/Linux machine. The real issue with them now is getting one. People are trying to sell them for ~$500 on eBay, because their value will most likely drop considerably when SainT's SD card reader comes out.

I spose its easy enough to burn a cd, assuming you find a working jaguar cd. I heard AVGN had to buy 3 jaguar cd's before he finally got one that worked tho. I don't think I would wanna throw that much money away just to play some ST games. I think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard. So really the best option is to buy a pre-made cartridge. It's good if you guys are gonna sell them. The money will go to people that actually deserve it. When the Jaguar flash cart comes out I expect you to release the ROM's again tho.

Really not sure what's going on here.

Ignore AVGN. He's a fictional entertainment character, and Jag-bashing is part of his schtick. I've had many JagCD units (still have 3), and never had a problem with even one of them.

Any computer with a USB port can flash to a Skunk. I'm currently using a Windows 10 machine.

Release the ROMs again? They're right here, right now, on the first page, for anyone that wants them.

The fact is, if someone doesn't want to "throw that much money away just to play some ST games," then don't. Get an ST, play them on other hardware, or ignore them completely. To sell what CJ is doing here for your own profit, without his OK, is a dick move, plain and simple.

• Like 6

So, I've been wondering ever since I'd seen it. Will we have the option of adding clear shells to all the ST port carts or will there be limited versions like that? I've been a sucker for them clear carts. Either way, can't wait to pounce on these ports. = )

Yes, clear carts are an option, although I only have a limited number of them at the moment. Otherwise it would be pretty mean for me to tease with a photo of a clear cart! :D

..Al

• Like 2

Can I hope that some of the following Atari ST Games Ported to Jaguar Carts ?

Turrican,

The Great Giana Sisters,

Battle Isle,

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back,

Silkworm,

Super Cars,

Shadow of the Beast,

Chambers of Shaolin,

Wings of Death,

Nebulus,

Rick Dangerous II,

R-Type 2