IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

This one has come along nicely. Loads of room left in the .ROM, so might try and get all the level music in from the arcade, as the ST only had the one tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KFIPqn_dz8

Didnt even know this game existed, its like the st version of the 8 bit screaming wings. loved that game played for hours. Still remember buying it from boots the 80s

Woah, the code in this is a mess :)

Doesn't help that the music and the SFX routines are mutually exclusive in memory on the ST version, and called at different (but overlapping) addresses... and for this version I've enabled *both* because, well JAGUAR POWA!!!

**Video clip removed due to embarrassment**

• Like 3

That's all sorts of messed up, noticed I was using the wrong register to trigger the correct tune, and also calling music for the SFX in one routine... will upload another vid :P

https://youtu.be/OqsmGB4Nkkk

Sound effects still slightly messed up (they overlap) but it's getting there.

• Like 2

No more public releases?

These were always intended to be free downloads. With certain people dead set on 'blowing the scene wide open' I no longer feel I can release binaries.

There is far more involved in these than just 'throwing binaries into Raptor' as some completely unqualified people would have you believe, and I'm not going to allow freeloaders to profit from my time and effort.

I will try to work with Albert to get some or all of these available, but no promises or guarantees. If circumstances change in the future I may release them.

It saddens me that people are like this, but I guess it was to be expected.

• Like 3

I will happily buy these on cart to support the time and effort put into porting these to the Jaguar.

EDIT: I should put at one point I inquired about others possibly putting these ports on cart, but that was before Id realized there wete plans to make physical copies through AtariAge from CJ & Al.

Edited by ChaosCX

I will happily buy these on cart to support the time and effort put into porting these to the Jaguar.

EDIT: I should put at one point I inquired about others possibly putting these ports on cart, but that was before Id realized there wete plans to make physical copies through AtariAge from CJ & Al.

There were no plans to do this until other people started making them and bidding them up to stupid amounts on ebay.

I will keep making the videos and being completely open about what has been added or removed or what is or isn't working in a given port so that if they do become available you will know what to expect from them. A ROM would be better but we know where that leads now.

I am trying to avoid 1:1 and enhance them where possible, be it by adding better music or faster frame rates, or simply by using more buttons.

Anyway, I'd better get back to (real) work. Lunchtime over!

• Like 2

I got to try out some of the newer ST ports at the "Port"land Retro Gaming Expo today, freakin' awesome. Thank you guys for allowing that. I gotta say Commando looks very clean, simple to play on the Jag and Flying Shark's controls feel very responsive. Badlands seemed to be the cart that was drawing in people next to me and that also looked great!

• Like 3

I got to try out some of the newer ST ports at the "Port"land Retro Gaming Expo today, freakin' awesome. Thank you guys for allowing that. I gotta say Commando looks very clean, simple to play on the Jag and Flying Shark's controls feel very responsive. Badlands seemed to be the cart that was drawing in people next to me and that also looked great!

Awesome :)

Shame i didn't finish DragonBreed until after the deadline, or that would have been there as well. In the meantime....

https://youtu.be/726hr3VqzxY

• Like 7