IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

hehe, I don't even know what Nitro is on the ST, but that exchange just reminded me of that scene in the movie. = ) Awesome to hear you're enjoyin' what you're doin' right now, don't go and get yourself burned out as you've been bringin' a lot of cool things to the Jaguar.

Thanks... but you heard it here first, folks....

2017 is *JUST STARTING*

• Like 3

Looks it was made in microsoft powerpoint...

Thanks!

So what you are saying is rB+ (and Raptor) can move objects around at 60fps - fluidly and smoothly. I guess you'd need a 10 Ghz 256GB workstation with an nVidiaGTX10000080 to do that in Powerpoint :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Since Atarian63 asked about the sound of Arkanoid - what is the reason for so many games / demos / ports not having any sound? I am thinking of Native, Starglider II, Pac-Mania... is putting sound in so difficult or was the conversion process so exhausting that people simply lost interest once the stuff was working on screen?

The sound chips are different between the ST and the jag. This means all the ST sound routines need to be rewritten from scratch or replaced with sampled versions for the conversions.

Native is a different case as that's a jag native game that is maxing out the display processing side and they never added sound - which would have impacted the graphics.

Hi, Iv been away for ages but trying to get back into the Jaguar scene..

Where in the uk can I buy these ports on chart ? I'm really looking for Gauntlet 2.. but I can't find it for love nor money... help please guys ..

pm albert the admin here

Edited by atarian63
  • Like 1