IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Man, that really sucks.

Any interest in compiling a "trustworthy" list so the good apples can enjoy your work?

Well, yeah, but then it becomes cliquey - which, imho, is the main problem with the Jaguar scene with the haves and have nots.

• Like 4

I was not aware of it having been leaked out anywhere. I was just waiting for the announcement here so I could promptly place an order with Al through the AA store as usual.

Eitherway, I will just have to wait and hope if becomes available here at some point.

• Like 1

Any update on Escape from the Planet of the Robot Masters? hehe... sorry just really jazzed about that one.

Who would make a cart and ebay that crap anyway? Rather play it on my Amiga, and even then the game looks like an 8bit title.. Why play that on a Jag other than just cause you can? Was Xenon 2 the last good port so far? We need more quality titles ported!

Who would make a cart and ebay that crap anyway? Rather play it on my Amiga, and even then the game looks like an 8bit title.. Why play that on a Jag other than just cause you can? Was Xenon 2 the last good port so far? We need more quality titles ported!

OK guys, no more ports, cjameslv has stated they are all crap, and his word must be the truth. Nobody else could possibly be enjoying these.

Normally I'd ask what titles you would like to be considered, but in this case I'll make an exception.Why do people think being exceptionally rude will help persuade someone to head in the direction they want?

"I'm not a fan of the titles ported so far, have you considered doing the following ... <Insert names> ?" would have been a far better way to go about this, because, frankly, anything suggested by you now is probably doomed to be ignored.

I'm glad you enjoyed Xenon II, however.

For the other people who do enjoy them, I'll just carry on doing my thing.

• Like 8

cjameslv - That's twice you've asked for "good quality ports" or the "list of titles i'm waiting for" without stating what they are. Very classy AND informative. LOL.

I personally haven't bought any of the ST ports yet (and I'm a completist so would like them one day) simply because I have to prioritise what I want (and I have many of them on arcade compilations or stand-alone on other consoles or have them on ST or Amiga already etc). Do you see me (or others) spitting the dummy out of the pram because it's NOT WHAT I WANT!?!?!

Do I specifically want to see Obsession Pinball, Starball, Andes Attack and some other ports on Jag? Yes, indeed I do. Have I mentioned them in passing before? Yes, and I now have again ;) Do I have a rude rant when they haven't emerged? No, not yet... ;)

...SMH, so many Atari Jag fans online - lacking in grace, considered writing, reading social cues, and constructive comments since 1994...

I'd suggest you seek that free hug offer and take up the first person who offers it in your general direction.

• Like 4

I find when people use the word quality, it's mostly opinion instead of something generally agreed upon. I feel CJs already ported 'more quality titles' and I like havin' 'em for my Jaguar. Escape looks like a fun game, not sure why it would get anyone slightly flustered to have it made playable for Jaguar fans.

Also, since we're name dropping again, may I say Elvira: The Arcade Game (though I can't imagine that would be very popular) or Alien Storm would be very cools to see tweaked and playable for the Jaguar. = )

• Like 2

Also, since we're name dropping again, may I say Elvira: The Arcade Game

Oh, and here I thought you were talking about the other Elvira. It makes sense now. :)

I still haven't given up on making some cake myself. After all I have managed to coerce CJ to correct my code to load a picture :D

post-40763-0-44629000-1489146112_thumb.png

• Like 3

I find when people use the word quality, it's mostly opinion instead of something generally agreed upon. I feel CJs already ported 'more quality titles' and I like havin' 'em for my Jaguar. Escape looks like a fun game, not sure why it would get anyone slightly flustered to have it made playable for Jaguar fans.

Also, since we're name dropping again, may I say Elvira: The Arcade Game (though I can't imagine that would be very popular) or Alien Storm would be very cools to see tweaked and playable for the Jaguar. = )

Now your talking! Alien Storm is a good title for sure. Things like Turrican II, GODS, Fire & Ice, Wings of Death would make great titles to port, not the clunky games that look like they should be on a Nintendo NES.

Dune II?! :love: Oh that's right... was never released for the ST. Guess I'll continue to play it on my Amiga. :grin:

Isn't that a torture of equal proportions to playing any rts on a console? The only way to enjoy dune II is on a pc.

I am currently replaying some C&C games, remembering what I loved about the genre!

• Like 1

Now your talking! Alien Storm is a good title for sure. Things like Turrican II, GODS, Fire & Ice, Wings of Death would make great titles to port, not the clunky games that look like they should be on a Nintendo NES.

You know where the library is, get to reading.

• Like 4

Hey now! I love the Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System.

Ha, I love it how acronyms have become words, and then people use those words and make redundant statements. Like saying ATM Machine.

I wonder how hard it'd be to convert over something like Dungeon Master, Knightmare, etc and use the control scheme that Towers II used. Hell for that matter, convert over Towers I.

P.S. Not actually requesting, since I know you've already got a list of stuff you're working on. Just wondering more from the perspective of someone who may eventually want to look into doing it themselves!

Edited by leech