IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

I think there are twenty complete that haven't been put on carts yet.

I hope llamatron and mutant camels make it to cart. (Along with all the rest lol). Commando, bionic commando, super storing, badlands, midnight resistance all sound fun. Hell, all of them sound good. I never had an st so it's great to get them on jag.

• Like 2

So, another thing I've been working on is a better way to implement in game options - like music on/off, screen positioning, cheat codes, etc...

One of the advantages of the way these are ported is that there is a sort of hypervisor (Not really, but for want of a better word it'll do - places where control has to be taken away from the running game so Jaguar 'housekeeping' can be performed to emulate functions and stop the Jaguar side of things crashing) - I can use this to hijack the system and have some user interaction.

https://youtu.be/n7ZlZ_NuDks

Another thing this could be used for is a 'virtual keyboard' (Think name entry screens, or... that damn teleporter code in StarQuake)

Of course, it must use the ST font!

[Edit]

After a bit more work:

post-11520-0-93622100-1489916653_thumb.png

I'll work on a virtual keyboard next I think (And will probably migrate this entire function into a RAPTOR API call)

• Like 13

Alright! Infocom Zork adventures here we come!! :P

I'm thinking something like The Pawn. Though not sure how hard it'd be to replace some graphics in games like that to make them better.

Reminds me of a thread in the 8-bit forums where it was brought up about the old strip poker game that you could just rename the images and start the game off with your opponent being naked. I'm betting the ST version is the same way, and so it'd be really easy in that case to rename some custom images that were 24bit, no?

Granted, I guess if the 'engine' for displaying such images would have to be tweaked tot support such an image.

Ha, Strip Poker on the Jaguar...

Edited by leech

Isn't that a torture of equal proportions to playing any rts on a console? The only way to enjoy dune II is on a pc.

I am currently replaying some C&C games, remembering what I loved about the genre!

For what it's worth, Dune 2 is playable on the Falcon.

Almost the entire render path has been converted from 68000 to the GPU - this is really smooth on the Jaguar :)

ZeroSquare expanded his ZeroPlayer library with a square-wave generator, so the engine noise effect was possible to simulate properly. Working on cleaning this up to 100% completed status.

The squarewave generator should work just fine for SuperSprint as well :)

• Like 5