IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Arcade speed and analogue. As not seen on ebay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSp0Rq7x6gQ

Need to fix up the clicky samples, but otherwise this one is re-done :)

Looks like a lot of fun now.

Sounds are pretty good. We've already taken movie samples instead of the ultra compressed arcade samples at this point?

Always liked how you could just wail on Vader's ship.

I am sure if former Atari-executives see this they are slamming their heads on their desk now. This could have made a significant difference back in the day. Then again, licences might have been more expensive than the ports themselves. Also the public expected new games, I remember that even Doom or Syndicate were welcomed not too enthusiastic since they were already known franchises. But still... this could have supported the base library of games just well.

I think most of these games would have been a hard sell in the mid-late nineties, even if they sold them at $20-25 apiece. Most gamers had simply moved on, and if you owned a Jaguar you probably had much higher expectations for the system's offerings. I guess if they'd done, like, a 4-in-1 cart, that could have brought in some nice supplemental sales.

• Like 1

No, it isn't! - Fixed.

WOW! The updated version of Star Wars looks absolutely amazing! I have been away for a while and I apologize for asking as I may have missed this somewhere, but is this version or the earlier version available to purchase on cart as I have no way of making my own anymore and I didn't see it anywhere here? Again, sorry if I missed it.

WOW! The updated version of Star Wars looks absolutely amazing! I have been away for a while and I apologize for asking as I may have missed this somewhere, but is this version or the earlier version available to purchase on cart as I have no way of making my own anymore and I didn't see it anywhere here? Again, sorry if I missed it.

No, it isn't, sorry. I have not released a ROM.

This may not look like much but for the ports, this is pretty big!

https://youtu.be/GGeHHbrZBBQ

Previously, I've emulated palette splits by chopping the screen into CLUT zones and pre-filling the correct palette data in the V-blank - clunky, but it works.

This is true 'simulation' of MFP-TimerB - Gridrunner will be the first to taste the rainbow!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Man, CJ is rapidly approaching the number of "official" Jaguar releases. :-o Only 450 or so ST games to go! :D I'm not a Jaguar or ST fan (which is mostly to say I'm not that familiar with them), but it's really cool to have any vintage system get new releases, let alone dozens of them. Kudos.

Edited by MayDay

Dizzy looks like a really unfun game. Is it fun to play, anyone whose played the st version?

These games have been consistently reviewed with high scores and have a huge following, even to this day where a new Dizzy game is currently being made (Wonderful Dizzy)

• Like 1

Dizzy looks like a really unfun game. Is it fun to play, anyone whose played the st version? I still think thundercats would be a stellar addition to the enhanced port library!

Pretty much dead on. I played this on nes and amiga and it was terrible. These games suck so bad that when the original developers tried to do a kickstarter, it was a huge failure. I think they only got to like 15% of the goal.