IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Was marble madness ever ported to the jaguar? I saw one for sale on da 'bay.

As WelshWorrier said, it's just an unfinished demo burnt to CD with a 'limited' number of copies (probably because he ran out of ink) in order for him to pay his rent for the month. He regularly does this crap. Don't buy into it.

As for Marble Madness, hmmmmmm.... another one for the list :)

• Like 7

It's an unfinished demo CD by MD games I believe. It's available for free download, like a lot of things that seller is offering, on http://www.mdgames.de/jag_eng.htm

You will need to convert it from .jag to .abs so jiffi would be your likely choice.

i could also expect that this seller lacks the knowledge to actually make a working jaguar cd himself, so there is no doubt in my mind that the cd is also using others work made with jiffi.

so in effect shitting on two active developers at once

• Like 1

As WelshWorrier said, it's just an unfinished demo burnt to CD with a 'limited' number of copies (probably because he ran out of ink) in order for him to pay his rent for the month. He regularly does this crap. Don't buy into it.

Thanks all, good to know. I don't have a jag cd, a skunk, or working knowledge of how to get into that space (plus I am just an iPad user, no home pc) either so the St ports and carts are my only way to get more fun out of my jaguar. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Thanks all, good to know. I don't have a jag cd, a skunk, or working knowledge of how to get into that space (plus I am just an iPad user, no home pc) either so the St ports and carts are my only way to get more fun out of my jaguar. Keep up the great work!

You could be like Atari's new advertising gimmick. "Uses the Internet on an iPad, but games on Atari!"

A lot of gamers consider the Amiga version to be the best; even better than the arcade original. Of course, that could be just more Amigan bluster.

Tengen Japan's release - not the EA release - for the Sega Mega Drive uses actual source code from the arcade original [because Tengen = Atari Games]. But I'd imagine the ST or Amiga versions would be easier to port than the Genesis/Mega Drive version. There's conflicting info whether the low-resolution Sega SportsPad for the SMS was supported by either of those releases.

It would be great to hear the arcade original's YM2151 audio, especially since CyranoJ & Co. have mastered getting the JagDSP to play it back. Although if I recall, the Amiga and the Apple IIGS versions both had decent audio renditions.

Actually, what I'd kill for would be to have the ability to use the CX53 Trak-Ball with the Jaguar - and the STe/Falcon030 - regardless of whichever version of Marble Madness was ported to it. Rumor has it some folks are working on an Enhanced Joystick Port-to-5200 DB15 Adapter Cable currently. I think BigO already modded one of his CX53s to work on a standard DB9; I think he had a video of using it as an ST Mouse.

And for anyone with a C64, its version of Marble Madness was hacked a few years back to include 4-player mode. I can't remember if they hacked the Commodore Mouse to work with the game better [the original might've used it]; but I know they hadn't ported the "native code" for Atari Trak-Balls to be used with it...

Hello!

The sad thing is, that for these 'rare' things people are paying more for both the CD and the shipping costs as they would for my regular products.

Unlike my Marble Madness demo for Lynx, the Jaguar version that is used there does not even have any kind of gameplay.

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the chances of R-Type deluxe being finished is very small due to the death of the author a year ago. Due to the release of the source code though, as well as some people working on it, it's always possible.

Just read about this now and looked through his works, and the forums. My very belated respect / condolences to family and friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yes kind Sir, please do! I love Marble Madness =D

• Like 2

Sorry, one more for the night, currently looking through Atari ST titles / games of the era, and I just stumbled acrossed Stunt Car Racer as well. It looks like an awesome version of Hard / Stunt Drivin' and looks like it runs pretty smooth. Have you had any experience with this one CJ? If so, is it any good / has it been considered for the Jag. ports?

• Like 1

Sorry, one more for the night, currently looking through Atari ST titles / games of the era, and I just stumbled acrossed Stunt Car Racer as well. It looks like an awesome version of Hard / Stunt Drivin' and looks like it runs pretty smooth. Have you had any experience with this one CJ? If so, is it any good / has it been considered for the Jag. ports?

I have not only played this, but have played it to death - single player and parallel port linked up. Truly a masterpiece of software. It is highly considered, and has been for a while :)

• Like 5