IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

So I tried my unmodified PAL Jaguar and had the same results. :-( After the flashing colours just a black screen. Still a black screen after shutting off and restarting the Jaguar.

I tried the Skunk with other roms and it works as always. Weird that no one else seems to have this issue. Maybe my Skunk does not like every title. ;-)

Thank you. I found the thread and saw that Tursi uploaded some files there but I could not make out what the latest Bios would be or how to update the board. The jcp -u instruction refers to updates that need to be done for Rev 1 Skunkboards but not for Rev2.

What I found out though is that my Skunkboard has the Version: 02.00.05, Serial 2007. So if there is a Bios after that one, I could try to update.

But that is a task for another day. You are working and I should be sleeping for a long time already. ;-)

Hello!

MidnightResistance-Skunk.rom 4MB

Escape_From_The_Planet_of_The_Robot_Monsters_Skunk.rom 4MB

1943-Skunk.rom 4MB

So I tried my unmodified PAL Jaguar and had the same results. :-( After the flashing colours just a black screen. Still a black screen after shutting off and restarting the Jaguar.

I tried the Skunk with other roms and it works as always. Weird that no one else seems to have this issue. Maybe my Skunk does not like every title. ;-)

For selfish reasons (*) i had to investigate this, so i had set up several Jaguars, but never had a problem with the three games mentioned above.

The Skunkboard was a Rev 3 with latest firmware, the Jaguars were 1994 K-models with Toshiba and Motorola (all PAL) and a 1995 M-Model (NTSC) having Motorola chips.

The PAL-consoles were tested with either 50Hz or 60Hz, one of them had the CD-Player installed, one had a BJL-Boot-ROM.

So maybe Peter's downloads were corrupted?

Best regards

Matthias

* = Peter is one of the testers of my SD-Card-adapter, so i had to find out if his problems might be caused by using my software to flash the Skunkboard.

Hello!

For selfish reasons (*) i had to investigate this, so i had set up several Jaguars, but never had a problem with the three games mentioned above.

The Skunkboard was a Rev 3 with latest firmware, the Jaguars were 1994 K-models with Toshiba and Motorola (all PAL) and a 1995 M-Model (NTSC) having Motorola chips.

The PAL-consoles were tested with either 50Hz or 60Hz, one of them had the CD-Player installed, one had a BJL-Boot-ROM.

So maybe Peter's downloads were corrupted?

Best regards

Matthias

* = Peter is one of the testers of my SD-Card-adapter, so i had to find out if his problems might be caused by using my software to flash the Skunkboard.

Thanks Matthias :)

I can't reproduce it here. Tried on two Jags (K/M), with/without BJL, on skunkboard v2/v3 and 50/60 hz. Anyone else having problems? Maybe it's worth making a RAM tester?

Ok breakthrough...kind of :-). I remembered today that Jiffi also allows to flash the Skunkboard. Guess what... I was able to load some roms with that programm. (Today I played on the 60HZ Pal Jag)

Before that I tried to download the files again. Same result - black screen.

I tested this with my K Model Pal Jaguar modified to 60 Hz and my K Model Jaguar Pal unmodified.

I did flash the Skunkboard via Belboz GUI and via Matthias` SD Card Adapter and I would always get the black screen.

With Jiffi it works. Any other ROM I tried before worked with both methods mentioned above.

Now the interesting part was that I got 1943 and Midnight Resistance to run directly. DragonBreed would give me the black screen even via Jiffi.

I downloaded the Rom again and voila it did run via Jiffi but not via the Belboz GUI, I tried that again afterwards out of curiosity.

Interestingly enough the NINJA.ABS which refused to work before could be loaded to RAM via the GUI now.

And now for the perfect confusion. The only one I couldn`t run was Escape from the planet of the robot monsters. I get the black screen no matter how I tried to load it onto the skunkboard

So I don`t know if that makes any sense to you guys. I was quite content to try some of the games tonight. Never played Midnight Resistance before and also had some fun with DragonBreed.

As no one else seems to have any problems I might be an exception but maybe this observation helps to narrow down what might be wrong.

Odd. Anyone else having problems?

I re-flashed these 5 to test and no problem on ntsc Jaguar w/ Sillyventure Skunkboard:

1943-Skunk.rom

MidnightResistance-Skunk.rom

DragonBreed-skunk.rom

Escape_From_The_Planet_of_The_Robot_Monsters_Skunk.rom

NINJA.ABS

Edit: Used Belboz's Skunk GUI to flash them

• Like 1

I re-flashed these 5 to test and no problem on ntsc Jaguar w/ Sillyventure Skunkboard:

1943-Skunk.rom

MidnightResistance-Skunk.rom

DragonBreed-skunk.rom

Escape_From_The_Planet_of_The_Robot_Monsters_Skunk.rom

NINJA.ABS

Edit: Used Belboz's Skunk GUI to flash them

I use skunkGUI, are the ones that end in .rom the only ones that will load to the skunk or will the .abs ones work too on a skunk if flashed with skunkGUI or only if using Jiffi? I havent figured out how to get Jiffi to work on mine (click it and it just pops up then goes away really fast and can never get it to stay there)

Edited by UHATEIT

I use skunkGUI, are the ones that end in .rom the only ones that will load to the skunk or will the .abs ones work too on a skunk if flashed with skunkGUI or only if using Jiffi? I havent figured out how to get Jiffi to work on mine (click it and it just pops up then goes away really fast and can never get it to stay there)

Read the first post.

Better news than the exact answer to your question?

Yeah. Skunkgui wasn't mentioned tho someone a page or two back mentioned he was going to try it with that. Didn't know if it worked on that one too. I'm not at home and couldn't test it so I asked so I could see if skunkgui would work for loading .abs files. I wasn't able to get JCP/Jiffi to work on my computer (just doesn't start at all) so skunkgui is my program of choice.

Thank you for the assistance. I'll wait until I get home and see is skunkgui will load .abs and then report back for anyone else in the same position as me who just happens to not have jiffi or jcp and only skunkgui.

If it's flashing with JiFFI then I'd check you don't have JCP.EXE in your path somewhere that is being called instead of the latest one?

Don`t know if that was the solution since Escape of the robot monsters would not flash with Jiffi either.

But I recently sucessfully flashed it using Matthias` latest loader software.

So everything is running on my skunkboard finally. :-)

Interesting game btw. Never heard of it or played it before but it is nice. Quite difficult though. I did not make it very far. Probably have to concentrate more on running away and picking up people than trying to to shoot my way out of it. :-)

• Like 2