IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Funny thing is, I know have Hardball on the ST, but damn if I remember playing it. I remember playing the first one on the 8bit, and some other baseball game on that system. Really trying to remember if I ever played any on the ST!

But that would be cool to have it there.

(Note: Could have sworn it was Hardball 2 on the ST, but according to mobygames, it only came out for Amiga, DOS, Machintosh. Anyone confirm that?)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.video-games-museum.com/en/sys/54-atari-st/3/all

Was there really over 1700 games for the ST? Wow. Some games look really bad, others look good. Predator looks cool. A lot of Hanna Barbara games. Most look whack, but cool from a nostalgia standpoint growing up in the 80s. If any more ports are done by CJ, it would be cool to do "fan votes" and see what the jag community would vote for.

Was there really over 1700 games for the ST? Wow. Some games look really bad, others look good. Predator looks cool. A lot of Hanna Barbara games. Most look whack, but cool from a nostalgia standpoint growing up in the 80s. If any more ports are done by CJ, it would be cool to do "fan votes" and see what the jag community would vote for.

If you also count non commercial games i think it is double that number. Also good/bad ratio is about the same as the jaguar (if you count the st ports for the jaguar and the whole stos/seuck crap for the st)

Rampage would be great for me to play with my son - he likes it on the Lynx. But... when will they come to cart? All these games and Rampage... BTW Rampart would also be a good addition. Except Baldies the Jaguar really has no good strategy game. Hm, ok Battlesphere could be considered to be one to a certain degree...

Rampage would be great for me to play with my son - he likes it on the Lynx. But... when will they come to cart? All these games and Rampage... BTW Rampart would also be a good addition. Except Baldies the Jaguar really has no good strategy game. Hm, ok Battlesphere could be considered to be one to a certain degree...

Evolution: Dino Dudes doesn't like being talked about as 'no good'.. I mean it's got dudes in the title, how much more hip do you want it?

• 2 weeks later...

Predator suffered from some ropey scrolling and colour wasn't used as well as it was on the C64 version.

Bit glitchy in places and sound is minimal.

It's really just a rather simplistic 8 bit game ported across to the ST.

Predator suffered from some ropey scrolling and colour wasn't used as well as it was on the C64 version.

Bit glitchy in places and sound is minimal.

It's really just a rather simplistic 8 bit game ported across to the ST.