IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Maybe this has already been brought up but ive seen videos online of a FPS Doom clone on the Falcon called "Running" that i would love to see ported over, and would totally pay for a cart of. I never had a Falcon and with the price of them these days i doubt i ever will

Edited by OBLIVION23

Maybe this has already been brought up but ive seen videos online of a FPS Doom clone on the Falcon called "Running" that i would love to see ported over, and would totally pay for a cart of. I never had a Falcon and with the price of them these days i doubt i ever will

Falcon >>> Jaguar

• Like 2

Great. Since Falcon is only 32 bit and has one DSP, a Jaguar wit 64 bit powa and 2 DSPs can do this in stereo :)

Does anyone have the warranty support details for 1994 Atari? All of my Jaguar seem to be missing a DSP!! they all only have one! I've clearly been ripped off!

• Like 4

Does anyone have the warranty support details for 1994 Atari? All of my Jaguar seem to be missing a DSP!! they all only have one! I've clearly been ripped off!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

• "Jerry" Chip, 26.59 MHz
    • Digital Signal Processor – 32-bit RISC architecture, 8 KB internal cache
      • Similar RISC core as the GPU, additional instructions intended for audio operations

You have it, you just didn't know it :P

Well:

One is a piece of Atari hardware that had pretty much zero support from Atari, shipped with next to zero useful software, a DSP that is severely crippled by it's I/O, and didn't ship with enough RAM.

And the other one is a Jaguar.

• Like 7

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

You have it, you just didn't know it :P

Thinking back, I am sure I have written at least SOME of those tech lines on that WikiPage ;)

GPU != DSP

It has a similar core architecture, that's it.. it's NOT the same, it lacks the more DSP like instructions that the DSP core has. It also isn't directly connected to the I2C bus, has less memory for buffers and code (even the "DSP" in the Jag has way too little RAM, IIRC the Falcon DSP has 64KB of RAM in it's DSP (and is a proper DSP)

• Like 5

GPU != DSP

And MC68030 != MC68000 ? And here I thought they were all the same... Have to read up on the subject some more. :)

Seriously, is it possible that you missed the obviouos joke in the "2 DSP" or are you just pulling my leg? It had to be a joke it had "powa" and everything in it...

96k, with a slow 8bit bus connecting it. Atari love putting a bottleneck on their processors :)

Isn't that how Atari define a processor as a DSP, knacker it's IO ?

And MC68030 != MC68000 ? And here I thought they were all the same... Have to read up on the subject some more. :)

Seriously, is it possible that you missed the obviouos joke in the "2 DSP" or are you just pulling my leg? It had to be a joke it had "powa" and everything in it...

:) In this day and age and with some of the porkies floating about out there you can never be sure what someone believes or is japing about (myself included :) )

• Like 4

Ha, My Falcon is certainly grater than my Jaguar. But then it has a CT60e and a SuperVidel in it. You know, how the Falcon should have been had A) Atari stayed in business for 3-4 more years and B) if they'd actually supported the Falcon... well at all.

Atari if anything always had some serious potential, but were seemingly always late to the game (at least after the 2600 days).

• 2 weeks later...

Framerate is really good. Nice work! Time to do NSP with rotary controls ;)

No Second Play? Nah, pass.

It's almost the direct opposite of Checkered Flag. Fast, Smooth, Slick. But still the same in many ways, ie, utterly uncontrollable :)

RVF Honda, on the other hand.....

• Like 1

It's almost the direct opposite of Checkered Flag. Fast, Smooth, Slick. But still the same in many ways, ie, utterly uncontrollable :)

Well, you did patch Checkered Flag to fix the controls. How about doing the same thing to a good game for a change? :D Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 4

No Second Play? Nah, pass.

RVF Honda, on the other hand.....

Are you sure you werent a dos user? Controls on NSP are totally spot on but you need to have some experience with the miuse ;)

Just for a bit of fun, the first person to show proof (In this thread) of winning all 4 seasons of Stunt Car Racer on Jaguar hardware will get a copy of SCR on cart :)

Get RACING!

(Sorry for posting this in the wrong thread earlier!)

• Like 3

If anything, this release has got me attempting to piece this Skunk thing together. Downloaded a package from Harmlesslion, unzipped and read some stuff, gonna need to locate me a cable that will reach from desk to PC tower before I can install drivers and fire up that prompt though lol

Unleash the skunk fumes... errr...

• Like 2

Not exactly an idea for a port, but the 2018 FIFA World Cup is only a few weeks away now. Is it possible for someone to update the Sensible Soccer version on the Jaguar with the teams for the 2018 World Cup? That would be an awesome thing to play when the real World Cup gets started.