IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

Not exactly an idea for a port, but the 2018 FIFA World Cup is only a few weeks away now. Is it possible for someone to update the Sensible Soccer version on the Jaguar with the teams for the 2018 World Cup? That would be an awesome thing to play when the real World Cup gets started.

Sounds like a job for Fredifredo!

• Like 2

This might seem a bit ignorant, but how hard is it to port ST games to the Jag? I didn't think there were any common elements between an ST and a Jag, besides the CPU?

Next question, if there aren't any significant similarities between an ST and the JAG, how hard would it be to port from some other 68000 based platforms compared to the ST?

I'm no programmer, so just assume I have no clue what I'm asking.

This might seem a bit ignorant, but how hard is it to port ST games to the Jag? I didn't think there were any common elements between an ST and a Jag, besides the CPU?

Next question, if there aren't any significant similarities between an ST and the JAG, how hard would it be to port from some other 68000 based platforms compared to the ST?

I'm no programmer, so just assume I have no clue what I'm asking.

It's really, really simple, I've done loads super quick and I'm very, very lazy (as some uninformed nutjobs would tell you... although the lazy part is probably true...)

In all seriousness, not easy at all. There is nothing besides the CPU. Other systems might be possible if someone knew both systems (Source system and Jaguar) well enough to make it happen.

• Like 3

I thought that might be the case. icon_smile.gif I was just wondering if it would be possible to directly port Amiga or Genesis games to the Jag. I guess, yes? If the coder knows their source and target hardware well enough, ay?

You are in South Oz? We have coding royalty in Aussie?

I thought that might be the case. icon_smile.gif I was just wondering if it would be possible to directly port Amiga or Genesis games to the Jag. I guess, yes? If the coder knows their source and target hardware well enough, ay?

The Amiga has the copper co-pro would would be very hard to emulate. The genesis screen layout does not lend itself well to the Jaguar display hardware. But, who knows?

You are in South Oz? We have coding royalty in Aussie?

Do we? Where? Viva La Republique!

One of these days I'm gonna have the drive to get my skunkboard fired up and doing stuff.. either way, thanks for the releases to those with skunks CJ! I, of course, do still love the visual / physical work when you pair up with Gaz to release your port work on carts instead of seeing blank Jag carts with label maker text shot over to eBay.

Is there even a place to still get Skunkboards? It seems every few years or so there is something that pops up, I miss, then continue being skunkless. Though I think in most ways the SD Card cartridge SainT is building will supersede it, correct?

Oh, and I bought Checkered Flag at some point, but I think it's gone into my pile of games I meant to play, but haven't had the time...

leech, on 09 May 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:
Is there even a place to still get Skunkboards?

YMMV, but I've seen several positive comments about this seller in Poland. There is even a Youtube video giving him a positive review.
He currently has 6 Skunk boards for sale at £69 plus shipping.
  • Like 1

leech, on 09 May 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

YMMV, but I've seen several positive comments about this seller in Poland. There is even a Youtube video giving him a positive review.

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/skunkboard-flash-cardridge-for-jaguar-27561

He currently has 6 Skunk boards for sale at £69 plus shipping.

That's who I bought mine from, I haven't popped it in yet but it seems fine, it's just the shell's connector looks a little rough so I'm nervous about either putting it in my Jag CD or disconnecting my CD lol

I got really nice memories with Rick Dangerous 2 and some really infuriating ones...damn those barrels. :-) Gonna try it out right now.

Edit: A bit later... I hate the game again...waaaaahhhh :)

Edited by PeterG
  • Like 1

To CyranoJ, I've aked before, but again if time allows maybe consider that double dragon 2 port? the Jaguar does not have a single beat'm up and the Atari st game is actually pretty damn good, maybe with some music added.

Also hows that Jaguar shooter coming along? haven't heard much more about it since the last video was posted.

• Like 1

To CyranoJ, I've aked before, but again if time allows maybe consider that double dragon 2 port? the Jaguar does not have a single beat'm up and the Atari st game is actually pretty damn good, maybe with some music added.

Also hows that Jaguar shooter coming along? haven't heard much more about it since the last video was posted.

Yeah , DD2 is pretty good. Maybe at some point.

Still working on Strike, it's coming along nicely :)

• Like 4

That's who I bought mine from, I haven't popped it in yet but it seems fine, it's just the shell's connector looks a little rough so I'm nervous about either putting it in my Jag CD or disconnecting my CD lol

Ordered. Looking forward to being able to try out some of these ports finally.