IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

I'll probably get beaten for asking this, is there any working emulators kicking around? I looked up Virtual Jaguar and Project Tempest (as per the AA FAQ) and there doesn't seem to be much going on. I figured it might be a way to play ST ports without a Skunkboard until a way to play becomes available to the unwashed masses.

I'll probably get beaten for asking this, is there any working emulators kicking around? I looked up Virtual Jaguar and Project Tempest (as per the AA FAQ) and there doesn't seem to be much going on. I figured it might be a way to play ST ports without a Skunkboard until a way to play becomes available to the unwashed masses.

Pretty much everything I release is developed using Virtual Jaguar... None of the -skunk releases will work in it, however, because... well... it isn't a skunkboard.

Why wouldn't you just play them in Steem?

Agreed. Just have to find one first. Till then I have a two Falcons, a MegaST and 130XE on my desk, emulators are banned. icon_biggrinwink.gif The A8 version of Star Wars was better than the ST version IMHO, so it will do. A Falcon arcade port would be nice........ can't find a ducking emoji....

A Falcon version of anything would be nice. Though I would ask for that over at atari-forums.com. ppera modified OIDs for me to support the Jagpad on the STe/Falcon. You used to have to play it with the keyboard.

I never have played the ST version, I think the version I had on the 8bit was broken, since your shields would run out but you would never die. They would just start over.

Edited by leech

I'd hate to ask, Leech. I'm just grateful for Cyrano's and PPera's work.

I didn't ask directly. I think I created a thread about STe Enhanced games, or something about the Powerpad/Jagpad. Then brought up OIDS as a great candidate because it has more than just up/down/left/right/button for controls. He also updated the load up image so it'd work on the Falcon/TT. Most of the older conversions he did has a broken one due to the tight timing the hardware banging he does to get more than 16 color images. They look fantastic, even if you only seem them briefly.

All my ST/Falcon stuff has been long since packed away in storage. There are a bunch of HD/Falcon patched titles on the D-Bug site, however.

I keep forgetting that D-Bug's stuff has been patched. Back in the day it was always hit and miss what would work on my Mega STe with TOS 2.06.

D-Bug: http://d-bug.mooo.com/

ppera's site: http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php

I always try to pimp them because of the notice about testing and feedback that was put up a while back on http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php

If all your stuff is packed away, does that mean you just test the ST versions in Hatari/Steem to see how everything works as you're porting? I'd ask why you hang onto it and yet leave it in storage, but I can't be one to talk, I haven't powered my Falcon on in months, though I have tested some stuff on my 1040STe and TT030. I just haven't had time to put my Falcon together in the new case, with SCSI, etc. Work and making money getting in the way of fun!

At least I have a Skunkboard on the way to test out some of the ports!

Between Dbug and PPera there is a lot of joy to be had. Too much to go through for the most part, so nothing to complain about. My stock Falcon probably gets used the most, next would be the 130XE.

Was Star Wars a MAME/ROM port?

And where did you find the Skunkboard, Mr Leech?

Between Dbug and PPera there is a lot of joy to be had. Too much to go through for the most part, so nothing to complain about. My stock Falcon probably gets used the most, next would be the 130XE.

Was Star Wars a MAME/ROM port?

And where did you find the Skunkboard, Mr Leech?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246639-atari-st-games-ported-to-the-jaguar/?view=findpost&p=4024388

Someone posted the link earlier in this very thread :)

https://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/skunkboard-flash-cardridge-for-jaguar-27561

Oh and I thought it was a ST port of Star Wars Arcade, with the sound/music ripped from the MAME rom?

Edited by leech